What dumb things have you done for love?

on the verge of breakup, she moved back home to VA after losing her job... so one morning on my way to work.. i decided i needed to see her... called in sick on the way in, drove 7 hours straight to richmond... she couldn't get calls at work, so i had no way to reach her... so i show up at her apartment only to find out from her roommate that she went away for the weekend with some friends. being broke from the trip down, i slept in my car in a 7-11 parking lot in DC (which is a smart thing to do in march) and then drove all the way home.

epilogue of the story.. the bosstones were playing in new haven that day.... totally sold out show... pretended to be the drummer from Cooter (autopilot off) and got into the show, as well as got the drummers backstage passes for my friends who were stuck outside, and totally had dinner off their catering.

so all in all not an uneventful weekend.

Drove to Tennessee for a girl who turned out to be an internet camwhore.

Drove to Virginia for a girl who talked to her ex more than me while I was there.

Flew to Houston for a girl who played the Sims for six hours straight while I just sat there.

Flew to Miami for a girl who fucked her ex while I was there.

I'm sure I have more; those are just off the top of my head. Thank god my current girlfriend is the best ever.

Drove to Virginia for a girl who talked to her ex more than me while I was there.

Flew to Houston for a girl who played the Sims for six hours straight while I just sat there.

I'm sure I have more; those are just off the top of my head. Thank god my current girlfriend is the best ever.

quit being such a pussy.

at least ya got frequent flyer miles for two of those!

on the verge of breakup, she moved back home to VA after losing her job... so one morning on my way to work.. i decided i needed to see her... called in sick on the way in, drove 7 hours straight to richmond... she couldn't get calls at work, so i had no way to reach her... so i show up at her apartment only to find out from her roommate that she went away for the weekend with some friends. being broke from the trip down, i slept in my car in a 7-11 parking lot in DC (which is a smart thing to do in march) and then drove all the way home.

epilogue of the story.. the bosstones were playing in new haven that day.... totally sold out show... pretended to be the drummer from Cooter (autopilot off) and got into the show, as well as got the drummers backstage passes for my friends who were stuck outside, and totally had dinner off their catering.

so all in all not an uneventful weekend.

Hey man, if you're ever in the DC area again and need aplace to crash, let me know. Our couch is always open.

Damn, that's harsh. Sorry dude.

- Movie marathon of all 3 Lord of the Rings movies at the local movie theater when Return of the KIng was released...("There is only ONE TRUE trilogy!")

- Went to Disney World 10 times in the span of 3 years

- Exercised and worked out and actually lost weight

- Stopped having beers for 6 months

- Ditched all my friends and spent every waking moment with the girl

- Forgot the #1 Guy Rule: Bro's before Ho's

- Forgot the #1 Guy Rule: Bro's before Ho's

Until you find one actually worth marrying, it's worth remembering that women come and go, but your friends will always be there for you. I've never understood guys that stick it out in relationships where they don't have as much fun with their SO as they do with their friends. Given the choice between spending time with drunks who love punk rock and a girl obsessed with, say, Garfield or Tinkerbell, I know which I'd choose.

Sophomore year of college this girl I knew ran away from home during winter break (my winter break, she didn't go to school just yet). I let her crash at my dad's place while I was home (just trying to be nice). She totally puts the moves on me. We spend nearly a month together. The day I had to go back to school (and she subsequently had to go home or somewhere else) she got into a huge argument and broke up with me.

Come to find she was still "involved" with an ex during the period of time she was living with me. Good times.

fireman carried my drunk ex-fiancee up 5 flights of stairs whilst being puked on and kinda drunk myself.

Saw Passion of the Christ.

got dragged to a N'sync show. (wearing an iron maiden shirt)

Had all my stuff in a u-haul ready to move back to michigan for ex-fiancee, got called in Kentucky and she then proceeded to break up with me. subsquently lost a lot of money, job i quit wouldn't hire me back.