Interesting/fun/useful apps! (Info on page one)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good! I don't know if you know a lot about emulators, but you can have them on almost any Android and be able to play all the old school Gameboy games.

If you're interested.

Very interested actually. I know there's some cheap emus, but are there any good ones for android available free? If not maybe I should consider just buying one because having good ol' pkmn silver and monster rancher explorer on my phone would make me feel eight again.

And les' be honest. Everything I do in life is to feel eight again.

I have an android (galaxy s3).

And that alien game sounds pretty fun.. especially in the context of playing it in between mario-kart races and cards against humanity sessions during alcohol laced gettogethers haha

It gets violent too. 

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU HIT THE HYPERACTIVE SPACE DRIVE BUTTON FAST ENOUGH?! I HATE BEING IN THIS SPACESHIP WITH YOU AND YOUR DUMB HAIRCUT!!!

Also, followed ya. All the pretty colors @.@

Haha thank ya!!!

That video covers it all. You still need to individually download the games (ROMs).

I had completely forgotten how to transfer the games.

Also, I THINK the My Boy can play the old GB games too, so there's no need for another emulator, other than that one.

It could be any file manager. I just usually go with the smallest file size one.

Google Cool Roms and download the ROMs like in the video, extract and you're set to play!

Enjoy!

loganeatsdirt. I haven't been fascinating in awhile though, hahaha.

The only game I have on my phone is Space Team and you have to play with multiple people. It was probably the most fun I had pent up in a hotel room. Everyone downloads the app and when you play, you're given different commands. You shout out the command and whoever has that button has to quickly press it. But panels break and slime covers screens and you get attacked by aliens. It's pretty wonderful.

Space Team is a good way to make all your friends and family fight and scream at each other.

I love it.

What's yer insta name?

Also--any fun,simple game app suggestions guys? I feel like cellphones have the entertainment potential of a game boy if only it could be tapped haha

I kind of hate playing games on my phone but once in a while I'll find one and obsess over it for months at a time a few of those are:

(And these should all be on both Android and iPhone)

Super Stickman Golf 2 (Free)

Giant Boulder Of Death (Free)

Hill Climb Racing (Free)

Threes (Paid)

Drop7 (Paid)

Any of the 'Worms' games (Paid)

Another game you can play on your phone or tablet (I only play it on my tablet) is Five Nights At Friday's (Paid), it's a horror games sans gore that will legitimately make you jump. I got a ton of guys at work playing it, the jump scares are priceless:

http://youtu.be/P6OssZC_U1g

I'll look into those! Really interested in mobile strategy games and any games that are more time consuming and thought provoking with rpg elements (leveling, item use/upgrade systems, "worlds", mythos/actual characters, actual plots, etc). Id be down with actually buying games like that. Not so interested in generic swipey-swipe games that make up the majority of the most known games. Although I will indulge in a good repetitive games/puzzlers--im guilty of enjoying robot unicorn attack and bejeweled and stuff so suggestions for good repetitive games that can be played in brief bursts are welcome too.

I downloaded Jack Threads last night (free) because it came across Twitter as a promo tweet (the only time I've ever been suckered into a promo Tweet). But it has tons of slick hipster dress/casual clothes & other random stuff allegedly for great bargain prices. I was browsing last night & found some boots that were half the price they were on amazon so the deals seem legit. Haven't bought anything yet so I can't really vouch for it but it's got mostly 5 star reviews.

I downloaded Jack Threads last night (free) because it came across Twitter as a promo tweet (the only time I've ever been suckered into a promo Tweet). But it has tons of slick hipster dress/casual clothes & other random stuff allegedly for great bargain prices. I was browsing last night & found some boots that were half the price they were on amazon so the deals seem legit. Haven't bought anything yet so I can't really vouch for it but it's got mostly 5 star reviews.

I've used them a few times in the past, the deals look great until you get hit with shipping charges haha. Still not too bad, plus I got some cool shirts I've never seen anyone else wear.

I've used them a few times in the past, the deals look great until you get hit with shipping charges haha. Still not too bad, plus I got some cool shirts I've never seen anyone else wear.

Damn...oh well, if there is anything I must have I'll see how bad the shipping is compared to finding it elsewhere.

Yo Rambo. My buddy works at Google and tipped me off to a new app. It's called "Inbox" and was designed to pair with Gmail and sorts your emails into certain folders automatically, aka : purchases, etc, etc. You're a nerd, GO PLAY!

Last I checked you needed an invite to use it, looks like the apk is getting shared now - http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/10/inbox-gmail-now-official-invites-way.html

Ask your buddy why doesn't the new Messenger app integrate Hangouts and just replace that abomination and also can he get me a job there? ;)

Edit: you still need an invite even if you sideload the apk

2aomo9g8.png

Link Bubble (Android/Free) - a "browser" made to be used alongside social media apps like Facebook and Twitter, when you tap a link in a post Link Bubble will load the page in a small circular pop-up browser in the corner so you can continue to browse the previous app and not get kicked to your Web browser's loading page.

tayuxfnf.png