PO: Bush / Sixteen Stone colored vinyl repress 12/15

New On Vinyl just sent out an update including a new limited pressing of Bush's Sixteen Stone on copper colored vinyl.

Limited to 1000.

Looks like an MOV repress, but nothing on the MOV site for it currently.

http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/bush-sixteen-stone.html

bush-sixteen-stone.jpg

Bush Sixteen Stone 2xLP/Alt cover art/Remastered Edition
Clear Vinyl

Round Hill Music

http://www.amazon.com/Sixteen-Stone-Bush/dp/B00O20UU8G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415910964&sr=8-3&keywords=bush+sixteen+stone

sixteenvinyl.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Sixteen-Stone-Bush/dp/B00O20UU8G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415910964&sr=8-3&keywords=bush+sixteen+stone

this version above is up on amazon and bullmoose, this is being promoted by the band and is a remastered version.

Nice. OP updated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

My guess is that he's saying something (guitar maybe?) is mixed too high. That's a shot in the dark though.

no, the whole mix is pretty loud.  I don't mind loud mixes, but it's distracting.. a lot of rumble if that makes sense, even with the bass turned down on my receiver.

arent all mov releases at 33rpm?

also, it seems so sketchy these days regarding remix releases of old albums... between the mix being not just 'tweaked' but 'cranked up' and the quality control on some vinyl.... I think I would a take a mov release over most other options if the same album was available from them and another source.   I say that of course noting i only own about 5 mov releases at the moment, but once I fill out my want list it will be in the teens...in the meantime what I have from them says I'll continue to grab theirs over others...

I picked this up the other day.  I would agree with what bhoussock is saying.  It's not an easy record to listen to, fatigues the old ears.  I think they really nailed some of the clarity and separation but then crushed it all.  

Its not garbage, and for a casual spin now and again it's a solid pressing. 

Missed the chance to take advantage of the vinyl medium.  Roll back the limiters and also cut it at 45rpm.  

• 4 weeks later...