House of Cards (Season 3 Releasing on Netflix 2/27/15)

Just glad Stamper is in it. If he was gone, I would literally not watch the show anymore.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Note: Includes S3 finale spoilers

Until he killed Rachel. That is, if he did kill her ... I mean, pretty much everybody thought Stamper was dead and look at him, now, chief of staff.

That being said, I do think she's indeed dead. The only way she'd still be alive is if he buried a mannequin with the exact same hair, but that wouldn't make any sense. So yeah ... Stamper, you piece of shit.

I didn't expect the season to end with Claire just leaving though. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't disappointed or let down at all, but it didn't seem like a big enough ending for an entire season ... or maybe the first two seasons set the bar too high.

This season felt completely pointless..like what the hell happened of importance outside of the very last episode? Felt like one really long and extended joke at Putin's expense. 

I agree Doug kept me watching as he's the only character even remotely interesting and the novelist character wasn't bad. Remi did nothing but cry about Jackie all season, the Frank-Claire dynamic is so stale at this point, all the allusions to Frank's homosexuality seemed so forced and totally pointless at the same time. This show started going downhill in the second season but it really crashed and burned this season for me.

found this season just ok, like the last... enough moments to keep me hanging on and into it, just not loving it like the firts season.... of the many things that annoyed me, one that really stuck out, probably because it was at the end:

Doug becomes chief of staff, or head of his campaign or whatever, and then is able to immediately leave for several days, a week?, to go search after Rachel, including flying overseas, then stake out and kill her.... all right during the last moments of a primary that is neck and neck... yea, sure. logical...

Because my girlfriend and all of her law school friends are so into this show, I burned through the first two seasons in a couple of weeks so I would have something to talk to them about.  I hate every single character except Rachel, Freddy, and Gavin; seriously, there isn't one likable character on the series.  After binging through season three, it's official- this show is terrible.  It is well directed, produced, and the acting is phenomenal, but everyone is awful.  

Because my girlfriend and all of her law school friends are so into this show, I burned through the first two seasons in a couple of weeks so I would have something to talk to them about. I hate every single character except Rachel, Freddy, and Gavin; seriously, there isn't one likable character on the series. After binging through season three, it's official- this show is terrible. It is well directed, produced, and the acting is phenomenal, but everyone is awful.

That's almost the point. I feel everyone is the villian.

Weird season. Not sure if I liked it. Definitely some good and tense moments but the ending really sucked in my opinion. What the fuck kind of cliffhanger is that?

I don't really care that much about Claire (or even Frank at this point), so I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. Also, good point from monklover about Doug. That is weird that he was just able to fuck off at such an important time.

re: Doug

Didn't they mention something about waiting until after the primaries for Doug to officially start so as not to draw attention away from the campaign? Announcing that Remi abandoned ship and needing a new chief of staff is not the best publicity. As far as the politics in the show goes, I find that to be more realistic than most things that happen.

re: Doug

Didn't they mention something about waiting until after the primaries for Doug to officially start so as not to draw attention away from the campaign? Announcing that Remi abandoned ship and needing a new chief of staff is not the best publicity. As far as the politics in the show goes, I find that to be more realistic than most things that happen.

more Doug:

they may not have officially announced it, but he was obviously back into it, working, and presumably acting (though privately) as chief!    I suppose that other guy, the Press Secretary, could also handle the duties of Doug, as he was presumably going to get the job until Doug worked his way back in.... but still, those are key days in any real political campaign, not time for an international hide and seek murder run

I began questioning the point of the writer guy towards the end, and I still kind of do, but maybe he'll play out more next season. Right now he just kind of seemed to be the catalyst for Clare at the end... and I don't think she needed him to push her considering how she got pretty routed this season on her own, and politically.

I guess I admit, I am still looking forward to the next season even though its gotten progressively worse in many ways....

Because my girlfriend and all of her law school friends are so into this show, I burned through the first two seasons in a couple of weeks so I would have something to talk to them about. I hate every single character except Rachel, Freddy, and Gavin; seriously, there isn't one likable character on the series. After binging through season three, it's official- this show is terrible. It is well directed, produced, and the acting is phenomenal, but everyone is awful.

Don't forget Cashew.

But yeah, even though basically all characters are scumbags, I'm still kinda rooting for Frank and absolutely despise Dunbar (even though she's the good guy).