PO: Purity Ring - 'another eternity'

It's always really interesting to see how people who have been listening to a band feel differently than people who are new to them.  My friend was obsessed with Shrines and when this new one came out he suggested I listen to them.  So I listened to both Shrines and Another Eternity for the first time on the same day, back to back.... and I think Another Eternity is way better.  It's weird to see so many bad reviews.  I'm picking up that clear variant for sure.

It's always really interesting to see how people who have been listening to a band feel differently than people who are new to them.  My friend was obsessed with Shrines and when this new one came out he suggested I listen to them.  So I listened to both Shrines and Another Eternity for the first time on the same day, back to back.... and I think Another Eternity is way better.  It's weird to see so many bad reviews.  I'm picking up that clear variant for sure.

I'm still giving this one some spins...it's definitely not like Shrines though. Like Eric, I listened to Shrines for about 3 weeks straight, non-stop.

I had no idea that there's a white press floating around out there, but it doesn't surprise me.  I think that both work well with the album art, but I'm a little more partial to clear in any case.

Still trying to decide how I feel about the album as a whole.  I think I fit into the camp of Shrines fans who weren't blown away on the first listen.

I feet like the album starts off really weak (maybe Heartsigh and Bodyache will grow on me, but so far I don't like those two songs at all), but the album finishes off strong. I agree Stranger Than Earth saved the album for me, as well as Flood on The Floor, Begin Again, and Sea Castle. The last half still has a bit of a Shrines feel..kind of.

Finally got the download working and listened to Stranger... probably worth the price of admission alone. I just need to find someone to come with me to the London gig. I don't know anyone else who likes them over here.

Just go by yourself. No shame in that.

Really. I go to shows by myself all the time. Just go watch the band and have a good time.