Amazon (Temporarily out of stock)

Hey guys,

Relatively new to the vinyl game.  Starting my collection back in June and been wondering something for awhile now.   How often do items listed on Amazon as temporarily out of stock actually come back into stock versus slipping out of print.   In other words, how good of a gauge is Amazon as it pertains to when an item is about to become difficult to find.

For example, I had been waiting until (after) Christmas to buy Liars: Mess and These New Puritans: Field of Reeds but noticed today that they are currently out of stock at Amazon (and Mess has risen in price or become available at my local shops). 

Is there a good way for tracking whether an album is in print? A source that is updated fairly regularly?

You can email the label and ask.  I recently reached out to MOV to inquire about their recent pressing of Brand New - The Devil and God... they quickly responded and indicated that it is still in print.   Sometimes there is about a month or so between it going out of stock and coming back in stock that the price will fluctuate, just keep an eye on it.