i nearly cried today

Americans don't realize we still have some of the cheapest gas in the world, as proven by our posters from England and New Zealand. Gas is almost always twice as expensive (at least) in European countries. So we're lucky in that respect, just unlucky that we depend on our cars too much to get around.

Americans don't realize we still have some of the cheapest gas in the world, as proven by our posters from England and New Zealand. Gas is almost always twice as expensive (at least) in European countries. So we're lucky in that respect, just unlucky that we depend on our cars too much to get around.

A lot of European countries are more tight knit and have great public transportation. The U.S. is so spread out and many of our cities have awful public transportation.

Gas is only going to go up and up and up. The price of a barrel is currently at an all time high, but it takes two weeks for that cost to effect our pumps. Not to mention, starting on June 1st we switch over to a cleaner and more expensive gas because of all the summer traveling.

I hate this. I love to road trip in the summer, especially to Cleveland to hang out w/ Scott and P Fresh, but the way gas is the only way I'm headed out that way is if it's an awesome show (i.e. Andrew W.K. for free).

Andrew, that sucks that you still live in Clarion. I mean, I totally knwo what you're going through< i lived in Edinboro and Slippery Rock for 7 years, but gas wasn't over $2.50 at that point... but still. Sorry to hear that man...

And to whoeever said gas will start going down in January, thats false. If its going to go down it'll start going down mid September after laborday. Gas price ALWAYS goes up every year without fail late april into may and stays at the high price through the summer until after labor day, then it drops usually around 50 - 60 cents in the weeks after labor day.

Just curious where are you commuting from?

i live outside of parker. i see you're from kane? that's cool. i know a couple of people from that area. one of my friends at the college here used to book shows up that way before getting arrested for a shitload of charges. he used to get big d and all sorts of sweet shows up there.

edit: just looked at your history. lol. we discussed this before i think.

I just had to look up Parker. Hadn't heard of it. That did look to be a little bit of a drive. I assume your friend brought Big D to St. Marys like either last summer or two summers ago?

i think i would be so happy if i lived close enough to work where i could ride my bike or walk.

that's one thing i considered in buying my house where i did. it's easy to live in dc and most of the dc area without a car. i fucking HATE traffic, so i wanted to avoid long drives like they were the plague.

i live outside of parker. i see you're from kane? that's cool. i know a couple of people from that area. one of my friends at the college here used to book shows up that way before getting arrested for a shitload of charges. he used to get big d and all sorts of sweet shows up there.

edit: just looked at your history. lol. we discussed this before i think.

I just had to look up Parker. Hadn't heard of it. That did look to be a little bit of a drive. I assume your friend brought Big D to St. Marys like either last summer or two summers ago?

yeah it was 2 years ago. josh was his name. he may be out of jail now. i think he got 18 months in state. him and i were talking to big d's agent about getting them in clarion sometime on an off night, but he got arrested before it could happen. :'(

Andrew, that sucks that you still live in Clarion. I mean, I totally knwo what you're going through< i lived in Edinboro and Slippery Rock for 7 years, but gas wasn't over $2.50 at that point... but still. Sorry to hear that man...

And to whoeever said gas will start going down in January, thats false. If its going to go down it'll start going down mid September after laborday. Gas price ALWAYS goes up every year without fail late april into may and stays at the high price through the summer until after labor day, then it drops usually around 50 - 60 cents in the weeks after labor day.

yeah man it sucks living in a small area. i don't even live in clarion, but it's the nearest known town to where i live so i say that. i drive there 5 days a week for class, and it's 30 min drive each way. really sucked first semester when i had 8am classes.