Baroness / Unpersons split LP **UPDATE

Taken from the most recent Unpersons myspace bulletin:

on june 10th, the split "a grey sigh in a flower husk" by baroness / unpersons, will be available on vinyl officially.

prior to that time, as prior to that time as next monday, when they get to my house, i will be selling copies of it through this here interweb. i'm not sure they cost yet, i have to find that out from the label. everyone who already mentioned interest has been noted and will be contacted forthwith. i'm sure others of you will now want to join your wiser colleagues and secure yourselves a copy or eight.

gatefold, insert, free little download card, so you can download it onto your fucking information-pod or whatever, making us all wonder why you even want the vinyl, but whatever, we let it slide, we're easy, we're all friends here, it's no big deal, we have always respected you, from the very first, we always thought, hey, they're very respectable, we're down with what they think and do, et cetera, i mean to say that we might have said something along those lines, i don't recall exactly what we said, that was about 11 years ago, you know, a long time, to have to remember a couple of phrases, mentioned in conversation, don't you think ? but you get the point.

please by all means feel free to get in touch, and also to repost this.

we love you very much and are very proud of you, we can't emphasize this enough, and if you see your mother this weekend, be sure and tell her ... well, we think you know,

unpersons

UPDATE At A loss/Blue Collar Distro has some UNPERSON / BARONESS splits up on colored vinyl if you're interested. They are limited to 500 of each color.

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/atalossrecordings/product_info.php?products_id=2573&cPath=719_723&store=0

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stoked!

What label is doing this?

At a Loss Recordings is doing it... Here is the info from the At a Loss Rrecordings website:

Yes it is true the Baroness / Unpersons "A Grey Sigh In A Flower Husk" will finally be available on LP format on June 10th. There are no pre-orders available currently but we will have a link here for mailorder as soon as it is ready. Expect gatefold covers, innersleeve, w/ a free digital download.

Let the complaints about the lack of pre-orders begin.....

Check out Baroness on tour w/ Coheed and Cambria!!!???

i wouldn't bother messaging them, joshua told me just too look out, and when he made note about having no pre-orders, and just to look out for the links, im sure i'll hear something from unpersons, baroness, or At a Loss on myspace. I'm so stoked about this as this was one album i really wanted to have printed...

• 2 weeks later...

got a message back via myspace:

"howdy. sorry it has taken a bit to get back to you.

you had emailed saying you wanted to get a copy of the BARONESS / UNPERSONS "a grey sigh in a flower husk" split LP. it's a gatefold with a colour/picture sleeve, first pressing of 1000, on heavy vinyl, and comes with a download card so you can download the songs for free on the internet. the wholesale cost is pretty high for us so the LP costs $13 + shipping (either $2.58 media mail, or $8.25 priority, your choice) + $1 for cardboard boxes. i can take paypal (faded58 at yahoo), if you have a 'verified' account (one that isn't based on a debit card, but rather a bank account, it is an easy switch to make if you want) or money order made out to sanders creasy. be sure to send me your address with it all. if it is a money order: 3563 se franklin st., portland, or, 97202.

oh yeah, right now, due to a shortage of the material to make coloured vinyl in the US, the first press is only black. later on there will be a repress with colour, but that will be a lame REPRESS, it totally won't even be the first press.

thanks a lot. keep your eyes peeled, there should be some action from us in the not-too-distant future.

s."