What do you get at Subway

If there's a Publix (supermarket chain) around, I'll get a sub from their deli. They are da bomb!

This is what I miss most about having a Publix (I used to live in Jacksonville). Those subs are godly, but the store rocks in general. Supposedly they are expanding to Charlotte soon though.

I'm not too big on subway, I support smaller sub shops. Usually just get white bread, roast beef with provolone and whatever veggies I feel like eating.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potbelly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Subway.

I have no idea how common they are, but we have two here in Philly and damn are they awesome. I always get a pizza sandwich. It's like cheese, marinara sauce and mushrooms and then you can add pepperoni if you so choose (I don't, I be vegetarian). They also have really kick ass oatmeal chocolate chip cookies which is my favorite type of cookie on the planet.

I'm a Floridian, and i've got to side with Quizno's on this one (Sorry Juan).

Also, fuck Firehouse, I worked there for a stretch (a year or so, I can't remember) and hated damn near every minute of it. Their subs are so damn boring, the only thing that saves them is the hot sauce.

DO NOT

EVER

LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AGAIN

BECAUSE, FOR THIS COMMENT, I AM GOING TO GO BUY A LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, STAND OUTSIDE YOUR FUCKING DOOR, HIT YOU IN THE FACE WHEN YOU TRY TO GO OUT, MACE YOU, AND HIT YOU AGAIN.

FUCKING FAIL.

PUBLIX > FIREHOUSE > SUBWAY > QUIZNOS.

FUCK

OFF

I am a vegan so I only have one choice

veggie delight on wheat not toasted obviously no cheese. I get green peppers, a few banana peppers, black olives, lettuce, a little spinach, lots of pickles, a few onions, cucumbers, and mustard. Then I always have to get a vault... yum

wheat isnt vegan

Do your breads contain animal products?

SUBWAY® Italian bread contains no animal-derived ingredients. The wheat bread and deli roll contain honey, which may be considered an animal-derived ingredient. The Parmesan Oregano and other cheese-topped breads do contain milk-derived ingredients.

What menu items at SUBWAY® restaurants are vegan/do not contain animal-derived ingredients?

The menu items that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients are the Veggie Delite® on Italian bread and the Veggie Delite® salad. Also these individual items also do not contain animal-derived ingredients: all vegetables, oil, vinegar, mustard, sweet onion sauce and Fruizle. The wheat bread and deli roll contain honey but no other animal-derived ingredients.

just lookin out.

I am a vegan so I only have one choice

veggie delight on wheat not toasted obviously no cheese. I get green peppers, a few banana peppers, black olives, lettuce, a little spinach, lots of pickles, a few onions, cucumbers, and mustard. Then I always have to get a vault... yum

this is how i role, minus the Vault.. and if i'm eating it at home, i slather it with vegenaise.

i must be entirely board to reply to this post.. so yeah, friiiiiiiiiday!

Chicken breast on Italian herbs & cheese bread

American cheese if I'm in the USA or cheddar cheese in Canada (just cause in the US they have orange cheddar and not white, bleh)

lettuce, cucumbers, green pepper, sometimes tomatoes and pickles, salt and pepper and mayonnaise. Heated up but not toasted, I don't like my bread to fall apart when I try to bite in it.

6" or footlong depending how hungry I am

after this thread last night on the way home I had to stop at subway and get the sub mentioned above

glad to report it was awesome. haha

wheat isnt vegan

The menu items that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients are the Veggie Delite® on Italian bread and the Veggie Delite® salad. Also these individual items also do not contain animal-derived ingredients: all vegetables, oil, vinegar, mustard, sweet onion sauce and Fruizle. The wheat bread and deli roll contain honey but no other animal-derived ingredients.

just lookin out.

thanks for looking out I really do appreciate it. I was unaware of this but to be honest with you I am vegan in every sense of the word other than I really don't mind honey. Some say this is still vegan others don't. Now don't get me wrong I don't smother honey on anything or put it in my tea, I use agave but if something has a bit of honey in it I wont avoid it. So maybe I shouldn't say I am vegan if I will eat something with honey in it but I avoid all other animal products and byproducts. I have gotten into debates with others that say honey is not vegan and those that say it is. Some say bees are insects not animals so avoiding honey is not necessary others say it is. I know this is a debate that happens pretty often (or at least I have seen it quite a few times) and didn't mean to possibly start it here so sorry if this turns into something. I still consider myself a vegan, some may not and can feel free to call me a vegetarian that is fine ;D

i thought the veggie thing there wasn't vegan? or is it something else? or am i wrong?

not the veggie patty that is gross, just the sandwich with veggies on it I think the patty is called the veggie max or something

wheat isnt vegan

just lookin out.

thanks for looking out I really do appreciate it. I was unaware of this but to be honest with you I am vegan in every sense of the word other than I really don't mind honey. Some say this is still vegan others don't. Now don't get me wrong I don't smother honey on anything or put it in my tea, I use agave but if something has a bit of honey in it I wont avoid it. So maybe I shouldn't say I am vegan if I will eat something with honey in it but I avoid all other animal products and byproducts. I have gotten into debates with others that say honey is not vegan and those that say it is. Some say bees are insects not animals so avoiding honey is not necessary others say it is. I know this is a debate that happens pretty often (or at least I have seen it quite a few times) and didn't mean to possibly start it here so sorry if this turns into something. I still consider myself a vegan, some may not and can feel free to call me a vegetarian that is fine ;D

i thought the veggie thing there wasn't vegan? or is it something else? or am i wrong?

not the veggie patty that is gross, just the sandwich with veggies on it I think the patty is called the veggie max or something

definitely understand that, cause i completely disregarded where honey came from, i think i was actually under some other impression, of where it came from, actually. i just remember being bummed, cause wheat bread is so mcuh better.

oh okay thanks for clearing that up.

[image]

if you like millions of powerful pickles, this is the way to go. not my thing. my mom likes it though.

[image]

Yes! This! When I lived in Philly, I was walking distance from a Wawa...great coffee, decent sandwiches and anything else you need (except beer, but there was a beer store right next to it). I used to get the BLT. Coming from Mass., we call the sandwiches "grinders," the lady at the deli gave me the strangest look when I said that the first time. I had to train myself to say hoagie.