Turntable in another room: how to connect to receiver.

I have an old technics SL-210 that I have in my office but I want to get it to my receiver an Onkyo TX-NR809 located in another room.  It is impossibe to run the rca cables directly to the receiver. 

I have a cat 5 jack available if transmitting over cat5 would work, but it would be through a switch.

I plan on getting a preamp at some point but if i go wirelessly or other is it even worth it quality wise?

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

long cable runs are generally a bad idea.  Particularly long cable runs between a turntable and the pre-amp as the native turntable signal is very weak (hence the need for a pre-amp).

I don't suppose the other room is less than 3 feet away...is it?

Assuming you got a stand alone pre-amp that you could connect in the office and then run out to the receiver, you could get away with going longer.  There are some charts out there somewhere that I will try to dig up.

I guess an alternative is some sort of digital conversion.  You could go from the pre-amp into a PC or other connected audio device and have some more options, but that that point, you may as well just spin mp3s.

The rooms are next to eachother about 20 feet away, but no easy way to run the cables through the walls.  possible just a huge pain in the ass id rather avoud if i can get away with another method.

Ive seen some wireless methods.

http://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-NY-GS3200-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B008TCW2LG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1421176890&sr=8-4&keywords=wireless+rca+transmitter

http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic-PAT-330-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B00D77JY6O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421176890&sr=8-2&keywords=wireless+rca+transmitter

or bluetooth methods.

I but I am curious how much its degraded etc...  I was wondering if there was anyone had any experience with things like this.

Yeah i wasnt thinking about running it to my computer at all.

The problem is that you'd be flip-flopping between analog and digital a few times with a trip through space inbetween.  with a budget solution, I expect you're going to see significant degradation each step of the way.

If you can't get a straight analog signal path, you're likely just better off with digital (MP3s into an Apple TV or whatever).

The problem is that you'd be flip-flopping between analog and digital a few times with a trip through space inbetween. with a budget solution, I expect you're going to see significant degradation each step of the way.

If you can't get a straight analog signal path, you're likely just better off with digital (MP3s into an Apple TV or whatever).

long cable runs are generally a bad idea.  Particularly long cable runs between a turntable and the pre-amp as the native turntable signal is very weak (hence the need for a pre-amp).

I can't stress this enough. You need to amplify the signal from your turntable BEFORE taking it 25ft. Go back to MP3s before that.

If you are putting a phono pre right there next to the table, then running that RCA to the receiver in the other room, just get a random cable that's not shite. Look here!