VC Mixtape Club! (February Sign Up Now OPEN)

Hey everyone. I'm super excited to try to roll this out. It's been on my mind for a while and I have most of the logistics worked out. I hope you'll be interested in joining.

Here's the idea:
Every month you will make a new mix CD for someone on the board. You'll be provided with their mailing address, and some information about their tastes. 

You will then have a week to create a mix CD specifically for that person using your own musical knowledge. This can be done any number of ways. It can be as simple as creating a genius playlist for a song you think the person would really like or you can hand pick each individual song. Totally up to you!

The requirements of a good mix CD for this club are
 -Create it with the recipient in mind
 -Make a mix CD that "flows".
You probably have a lot of bands that you love and have a broad taste in music. Try not to make these CDs sound like random songs from all different genres. (Ask yourself if all these songs would play on the same radio station)

Once you make the mix CD, write or type up a track listing and send it off to your recipient. Make sure you write To: (Username) From: (Username) on the CD.

Since this will work similarly to a Secret Santa deal, feel free to get creative and send extra little stuff in the package. (Stickers, Candy, Artwork you made, A Poem you wrote, you get it!)

Every Month You'll Receive a new mix cd from someone on the boards.

Once you receive your CD, spend some time with it. Enjoy it. Write your sender a PM about what you liked. 

Then we'll do it all again next month!

The purpose of this club is to discover new music and to interact with other board members in a new way. 
(every month may not be a winner, but the idea is to discover new music. Plus it's just fun to get stuff in the mail!)

Ideas for the future...
-Burn a copy of the last cd you received and send that with the one you created. In subsequent months, send copies (or originals if you don't want to keep it) of some or all of your favorite CDs you've received so far. Just make sure they say who they were originally from and who they were originally for. 
-Create a monthly theme that everyone should follow. (Best live recordings, best love songs, work out mixes, best songs of 2014, etc)
-I'm open to more suggestions!

I want to start this out with a limited number of members and we can open it up to more in the near future.
I haven't decided on a number yet. We'll see how the response is. 
We are only going to open this up to US residents to start. (sorry!)

Once I have chosen all the names and we've made some concrete guidelines (dates and all that), I will post a list of all the members who will be participating for the first exchange.

Depending on how things go, we will continue every month and add more people.

If you want to sign up go here:

http://goo.gl/forms/SYbo4OtdEz

I'm in. I didn't think of this until after I submitted the form, but for whoever gets me, here's links to my last.fm/Discogs so you can get a good look at what I'm into.

http://www.last.fm/user/Bioshocked64

http://www.discogs.com/user/YouinReverse/collection

If I get you, I'm just going to send the entire Backstreet Boys discography. Regardless of your music taste. So yeah, cross your fingers that we get paired up  ;)

• 3 weeks later...