(How Not to) Ship Records

stefan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i always ordered some vinyl and ask the seller ship to my friedn place in the states but i will waiting for he/she carry back to bangkok,thailand.

slow but smooth.

and i think no postal service will keep 'em smooth becuase they didn't know (or know ?) how to care vinyl like the collector like us.

so sorry,stefan....

:'(

i sent 1 box via DHL using their biggest carton available, full of reccords, weighing almost 30kg, from Australia to the UK and they arrived pristine. the box had even been opened a couple of times by various customs agencies and all records arrived intact and as i had packed them. loads of bubble wrap, cushioning and the like, but DHL treated it very nicely. cannot fault them for fast, international, SAFE record sending.

everyone needs to settle down a touch! i think it's very easy to do things wrongs sometimes if you've never done them before and frankly i don't even know where i'd begin if i was shipping that many records any distance.

granted, i'm pretty sure it wouldn't end up looking like that...but i'm sure there are plenty of us who would get it wrong in this instance.

The most I've sent is 27 records at once, all LPs. And I sent them to Greece. I took a box about that size and took pieces of cardboard. I took about 5 records at a time (all in plastic sleeves), put them between the cardboard, and taped the cardboard around them. I lined the bottom of the box in bubble wrap and put a layer of bubble wrap between each packet of records. I topped the box off with packing peanuts and crumpled newspaper. Taped the box up and shipped it. Every record arrived in the same condition as it was when it left my house. A little time, care and creativity goes a long way.

i think your goddamnit was shipped from the outside of the states because the customs declaration was stick on left at bottom and i wondering how it survived as good shape.

it can't happend with me if some of my friend ship the reocrds to me at thailand with this packaging.

if it came to me as smooth,i might suffer from tax if the customs staff knows goddamnit price....