Inner sleeves.... scuff.

I know there are tons of topics on this forum about this.

just wanted to vent a little...

I am done experimenting with record inner sleeves... i've tried most of them, mofi, nitty gritty, nagaoka, sleeve city, and random ones on ebay. 

I found that all of them scuff vinyl one way or another. And not all vinyl gets scuffed equally. Some records are more resistant to scuffing than others. For example, my copies of tegan and saras' albums all scuffed so easily with all the sleeves mentioned above, but ghostface's 36 seasons seems indestructible. 

The best sleeves I found were these sleeves from germany that were paper lined with the same plastic as the nagaoka sleeves, but they just scuff records slower than the others. It is extremely frustrating. 

The problem seems to be, not when sliding the records out of the sleeve, but sliding it in.

so... i'm going to try making some sleeves for myself... ones where I don't have to slide a record in... ones that fold over or something...

I love vinyl... am pretty proud of my collection... and i can go back to enjoying it once I solve this problem.

How the hell are you storing your records?

Mine do not scuff in storage.

Store them like everyone else... In some sort of polyethylene sleeve and upright. 

Haywood? Is that you?

Who's Haywood? 

I figured out your problem for you.

Shoulda known. 

Sleevecity diskeeper 2.0 are the worst. I actually made a video of one of those sleeves destroying a record in about 45 seconds. The static builds and it gets harder and harder to put the record in the sleeve and it puts tiny hairline scratches in the vinyl. I use mofi now. No static and super smooth.

I'm assuming this is part of the issue. Even without static I'd get these scuffing problems... I mean if any of the sleeves work for you guys, thats great.

They just didn't pan out for me.

So I made the ones above to just eliminate sliding records in and out. I just set it in the center and close it like an envelope. 

Its pretty easy to slide in, and it doesn't come apart.

Now I have to make about 70 of em'.  :l

I've never bought a pack but my Weezer MoFi LPs had the residue, which is how I ended up reading about it online.

Is the issue with the Diskeeper 2.0 sleeves that they're too flimsy and develop static? If so Diskeeper has an Audiophile version that has a paper backing, like the MoFi sleeves, but the Diskeeper versions are slightly thicker paper so they don't clump like when sliding an LP into MoFi sleeves.