New Hold Steady!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I am a minority!

True story, one time i got pulled over (seriously no reason not speeding, or anything) and the cop just "didn't like the way I looked" (khakis and an oxford-ooooh SCARY SHIT) and of course I am polite and all like what's the problem. He told me my sticker (village sticker) was in the wrong corner of my window. I have the backing with me that clearly stated any where is fine as long as it's visible by law enforcement and not obstructing your driving view.

So....I get thrown in a holding cell, car is searched, etc.... Call my parents to come and straighten things out....

What was the cause, OMG a mexican was driving. Serious Bullshit.

Now anyone who knows me or has seen me knows the worst I do is drink (reasonably) and don't look "threating" okay well maybe in that Dan P pic..but seriously. C'MON!

I know, I am a minority!

True story, one time i got pulled over (seriously no reason not speeding, or anything) and the cop just "didn't like the way I looked" (khakis and an oxford-ooooh SCARY SHIT) and of course I am polite and all like what's the problem. He told me my sticker (village sticker) was in the wrong corner of my window. I have the backing with me that clearly stated any where is fine as long as it's visible by law enforcement and not obstructing your driving view.

So....I get thrown in a holding cell, car is searched, etc.... Call my parents to come and straighten things out....

Now anyone who knows me or has seen me knows the worst I do is drink (reasonably) and don't look "threating" okay well maybe in that Dan P pic..but seriously. C'MON!

I got pulled over for driving a Mexican-looking car. They saw I was white and let me go. Disaster averted.

I know, I am a minority!

I got pulled over for driving a Mexican-looking car. They saw I was white and let me go. Disaster averted.

You mean you have a MONTE CARLO (mexican Cadillac) nice... does it have the VIRGIN MARY on the hood? and only AM radio?

I know, I am a minority!

well i guess that'll teach you, won't it?

You mean you have a MONTE CARLO (mexican Cadillac) nice... does it have the VIRGIN MARY on the hood? and only AM radio?

Haha, sadly no.

My dad bought me a shitty 1989 GMC Jimmy right after high school. It was red with these gnarly flowing pinstripes and those lame window shades (the plastic ones that look like visors). I guess Big Daddy Ed Roth (of Rat Fink fame) did the pinstripes, so my dad thought that was cool. Ugh.

Glad my brother destroyed it a few years ago when it got passed to him.

Haha, sadly no.

My dad bought me a shitty 1989 GMC Jimmy right after high school. It was red with these gnarly flowing pinstripes and those lame window shades (the plastic ones that look like visors). I guess Big Daddy Ed Roth (of Rat Fink fame) did the pinstripes, so my dad thought that was cool. Ugh.

that's not very mexican looking.. :P

Haha, sadly no.

that's not very mexican looking.. :P

It is in Southern California (and especially Orange County). Granted, El Caminos and van conversions are more Mexican-looking...