So I was lucky enough to grab the King Gizzard "Quarters" and Thee Oh Sees "Mutilator" colored presses before they sold out, but I couldn't help myself from wondering about the new John Dwyer album "Cold Hot Plumbs", being released under his Damaged Bug moniker, released June 6th (as far as I can tell)

Then today I noticed this: http://www.castlefacerecords.com/products/damaged-bug-cold-hot-plumbs

WTF? Did I miss the pre-order and didn't even realize it?

I guess people at gigs have been finding them at the merch booth and there's a few pictures of them on instagram, but I haven't seen anything about a colored variant yet.

Did anyone catch the pre-order for this, if it ever went up? Did you see a variant listed?

I even emailed Castleface a wordy message asking about variants and if I could order from them directly, and received a four-word (and not exactly helpful) response almost instantly from Matt:

it's not out yet

Read the fine print my friend ;) **hint you posted the link there is good info within**

Yeah, I saw that - I guess this thread is more about determining if there's a colored variant, or if any copies were ever stocked on the casteface website. Just seems strange it would say "sold out" to me if it's never been on sale, combined with the fact that I've read quite a few people online already have it.

Naw nothing strange about it, Castle Face works like that, their default button when nothing is loaded in will just read Sold Out even when nothing was ever listed. You'll notice it with a lot of their black standard editions. But rest assured they'll have the colored version sooner rather than later on their site! My guess is they'll post that along with another release and the (left over King Gizz/Thee Oh Sees) all in one email.

My guess is they'll post that along with another release and the (left over King Gizz/Thee Oh Sees) all in one email.

Useless Easters had a show with Male Gaze back in February that was billed as "Live for Castle Face Recordings".   Maybe one of them is putting out another entry into the Live in SF series.

I hate their emails. You have to speed read to find the link and you have to be quick to order before it sells out (but to be fair, only the left over stock seems to go in a minute - they have been doing larger runs of most of their releases). I always find myself re-reading the email and noticing that I missed something (looking at you flower power Warm Soda).

All the same, kickass label.

I hate their emails. You have to speed read to find the link and you have to be quick to order before it sells out (but to be fair, only the left over stock seems to go in a minute - they have been doing larger runs of most of their releases). I always find myself re-reading the email and noticing that I missed something (looking at you flower power Warm Soda).

All the same, kickass label.

They told me they only had 24 Hubba Bubbas so I don't think many people had a chance at them anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday, along with with (finally!) my copies of the new Oh Sees and King Gizzard.

Have gone on a Castle Face listening binge tonight and it has been rad AF.

But yeah, this Damaged Bug LP is about a million times better than the first one. It almost just sounds like an Oh Sees record - some tracks at least.