New Android Discogs App to get vinyl prices, manager your collection, browse database etc.

So the functionality seems great! The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to view my own collection. I don't see an option for it. Obviously I should know what is in my collection, but sometimes I do not. When I view items that I know are in my collection, the app does not indicate it.

Otherwise, I like the format of the app and the searchability of Discogs.

so I finally DL this and I may like it. but the uncategorized folder that I deleted, keeps popping back up. so I have 1 folder that I created and the empty uncategorized folder that I don't need, but when I delete it comes back...

also, tried to scan Foo Fighters Greatest Hits and it did not recognize...

So the functionality seems great! The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to view my own collection. I don't see an option for it. Obviously I should know what is in my collection, but sometimes I do not. When I view items that I know are in my collection, the app does not indicate it.

Otherwise, I like the format of the app and the searchability of Discogs.

Another user reported that too. I'll try to highlight the fact you own that release. The other user was suggesting also to show on the artist page all the releases you own. We will try to add this soon! Thanks for the feedback!

so I finally DL this and I may like it. but the uncategorized folder that I deleted, keeps popping back up. so I have 1 folder that I created and the empty uncategorized folder that I don't need, but when I delete it comes back...

also, tried to scan Foo Fighters Greatest Hits and it did not recognize...

It's impossible to delete this uncategorized folder. It's a rule from discogs api :) I'm sorry we forgot to remove the delete button on this folder! For the search you should see the same result than on the discogs website no?

So you already have an account and try to login with discogs but doesn't work?

Can you give me your tablet model? I'll try to investigate that... Sorry about that!

Yes correct, I also have the Discogs App on there so I wonder if that might be the problem? The Discogs app I'm assuming is logged in all the time?

It's a cheap Chinese Tablet, an Allwinner but I don't know which model

so you cant delete nor change the name of the folder? Not that big of a deal, just silly. And not sure what you mean the same result as the website? Yes, when I search for it with the search bar on the app, it pulls up the same info that's on the website, but im talking about using the barcode scanner. White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan worked, but Foo Fighters Greatest Hits did not pull anything up when I tried to use the barcode scanner.

so you cant delete nor change the name of the folder? Not that big of a deal, just silly. And not sure what you mean the same result as the website? Yes, when I search for it with the search bar, it pulls up the same info that's on the website, but im talking about using the barcode scanner. White Stripes Get Behind Me Satan worked, but Foo Fights Greatest Hits did not pull anything up when I tried to use the barcode scanner.

That's probably due to user error (not you,but Discogs users). If they incorrectly/ inaccurately enter the barcode or there isn't one at all (many releases don't have it listed).

What do you want to see from your profile? Your releases numbers? Stats? Or your collection?

Your collection I guess? I suppose it doesn't really matter, I just have no interest in seeing the Explore page, if I am using the app it'll be to look up something specific, not browse what's newly added.

fair enough. No judgement. I've probably entered numerous matrix numbers/ barcodes.

Some one has to do it :) but yes sometimes very popular vinyl don't have barcode... I hope one day discogs will extend its API to allow us from the app to input them.

But on 10 records probably 8 will work and you can be sure it's the exact same release that you have in your hands.

Your collection I guess? I suppose it doesn't really matter, I just have no interest in seeing the Explore page, if I am using the app it'll be to look up something specific, not browse what's newly added.

I first designed the app like this because I like also to see my records. But then I realized that a big proportion of the users don't maintain their collection on discogs. So I didn't want to show them an empty screen. Maybe we can add an option for that.

I've tried to use this app a few times and everytime I try and search for something it says there are no entries in the database. What am I doing wrong?

That's strange.... What exactly did you try to search ? if you type a famous name like "jackson" you have no result also ? Do you have any releases on the home page ?

Could you please give me your android version / phone model please ?

so tried to barcode my records last night, I would say it works more like 4 out of 10. Sometimes it wouldnt focus correctly to scan it, and even if it was 100 % clear it wouldnt even detect a barcode...

Yes sometimes the barcode scanner library bugs :/ I fixed a few bugs already in the last version. But sometimes I still have to kill the app and relaunch it...

Some times it's easier to just type the name in the search field. You should see suggestions with the releases you are looking for.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry about that.

That's strange.... What exactly did you try to search ? if you type a famous name like "jackson" you have no result also ? Do you have any releases on the home page ?

Could you please give me your android version / phone model please ?

It looks like I was using the complete wrong app! My mistake!

But now that I have used it; it has ads! Boo!

It looks like I was using the complete wrong app! My mistake!

But now that I have used it; it has ads! Boo!

ahah :) I renamed it to MyDiscogs because the name was misleading. Another app had exactly the same name.

About the ads, I didn't want to put ads inside the app. So there is only one when you start it, and then not a single ad for 2 hours !