Floating Record Vertical Turntable

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gramovox/floating-recordtm-vertical-turntable/description

This looks fucking amazing! Was a little skeptical, but the video made me think otherwise!

I am currently in the market for a new table, and I'm pretty inclined to back this. Any one have any tips/concerns about this and that it will not work as well as a normal table?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gramovox/floating-recordtm-vertical-turntable/description

This looks fucking amazing! Was a little skeptical, but the video made me think otherwise!

I am currently in the market for a new table, and I'm pretty inclined to back this. Any one have any tips/concerns about this and that it will not work as well as a normal table?

Just don't.

Just when I thought the world couldn't get any dumber, simply based on the fact that someone had this idea to make this table when I scrolled through the boards yesterday and saw this.  Then I actually click the kickstarter link today and see that they've actually raised over $220k on a goal of $50k.  Jesus.

I posted a load of links to some of the 80's ones in another thread and it got me thinking, all of the 80's ones were linear tracking and thinking about it there is a reason for this in that with a pivot arm gravity will adversly affect the bias as the arm moves into the centre of the record and IGD will be a bugger to get rid of.

I like the because you can and no better reason engineering but still think it's very flawed.

Exactly what I said in another thread. There is no way a long tonearm is going to track well, linear tracking is the only way it would make sense. Even if you had the arm at the top, and it faced down, it would not work well. Gravity is just a "theory" though, right?

• 2 weeks later...