Official Dream Catalogue™ / Vaporwave Thread

I saw a comment on Facebook to that extent. Band camp doesn't allow you to turn off the option for a digital download.

Yeah, DC is the ones incharge of the digital version of that album so unfourtunately I couldn't offer a digital copy for free so I just thought I'd put the max Bandcamp would let me and put a link to download on DC in the discription. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

grabbed VHS tape rewinder and the DDS bundle. glad to see they did 175 of the bundle, it would've been a shame to limit that one too much (but kinda cool from a collector's perspective I guess)

the DDS remixes are insane. telepath and HKE's mixes were my favorites, but Nmesh's was a close second. and the windows 98 mix is crazy as well

didn't like the wosX album at all. i saw that it even got downvoted past 0 on r/vaporwave

I love the new wosX. If you've followed the promotion (which was brilliant), then the pics of the cassettes "being pulled". This thing is so intriguing. To each their own, I guess.

Yeah, I thought the promotion and whole backstory was pretty cool, and I like what they did with the censorship thing and album credits, but it's just the music I couldn't get into... didn't deliver on the atmosphere that all that stuff suggested.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Vaporwave/comments/3us1vt/end_of_world_rave_wosx_dream_catalogue/

doesn't look like I was alone on not enjoying it - but I only gave it one listen, so I need to revisit it. it would've been cool if there was dialogue and stuff on the album, or sound effects sorta relating to the story. I enjoy that bit, which is part of why I'm looking forward to that new Chinese Hackers wiretap project.

however I came my pants to VHS tape rewinder.

Damn i can't hang in this part of the collection world too many good releases to short apart for my wallet to even consider it despite the increase in heartrate

tell me about it it's brutal

Chinese Hackers is hands down my favorite new vaporwave producer. The album will blow people away.

As for EOWR, it seems to be more of a polarizing album, as a lot of the more experimental DC albums tend to be, than a downright disappointment for people. I was a fan of his stuff as Wolfenstein OS X, so I had an idea of what to expect (minimal, brooding plunderphonics with world influences). And honestly, I feel like the music alone is a nice evolution. It's super hypnotic and fits the druggy end of the world vibe nicely for me. But combined with the rest of the general concept, it's a mindblower. I was around for the Kroko Crew shit on Twitter before anyone really knew what the fuck was going on. I feel like this is something more people should try when promoting an album as thematic as this. It really adds to the value of concept, even if one finds the music middle-of-the-road once it's released.

Still digesting NUWRLD. Lots of content. I like that some artists made their track sound completely new and the others made, like, edits with the coolest parts of the original track.

And Red Light District is great as expected. Need more listens with that one too.

Overall, this may be my favorite batch since DC started releasing in monthly batches!

Kroko Crew is a group of Ukrainian, drug-dealing, "hardvapour" hitmen who were one of wosX's aliases used to hype the new album. Initially, it seemed like "End Of World Rave" was an actual event. They are also integral characters in the EOWR narrative. 

https://wolfxcollection.bandcamp.com/album/-

https://vityanigabberwave.bandcamp.com/

Dang, he was going pretty in depth with his marketing.

A repress of Nmesh's Welcome To Warp Zone is coming later this month / early next month. Wouldn't mind having a second copy. Would ideally love an alternate cover with a Mario rip and blue cassettes to balance out the Sonic / red tapes.

It sounds better than the NNF press too..

Not sure what my favorite DC tape would be in terms of packaging/visual appeal. Most of them look so fucking sharp. I'll answer that after my next DC package comes in.  ;) ITLLT (both tapes) and EOWR are sure to be stunners. The former (orig) being my favorite album art of the year out of any genre.

I passed on Bizcas 100. I'm xmas broke and it was either that or the new Chinese Hackers. And I'm not missing out on the new Chinese Hackers.