Geezus FUcking CHrist....YOu have to watch this..

Apparently she's bipolar and this episode is the result of her not taking her meds.

So that explains it....... still funny nonetheless.

True story: My roommate was bipolar and when she was off her meds she ran us off an embankment in rage that i asked her not to make out with her boyfriend and give him a lapdance while sitting next too me... then she fucked up her axle, screamed, yelled, and the next day apologized. So for that girl, i knew it wasnt drugs, and figured she was just crazy in general...

This is one of those things I kind of feel a bit torn for laughing at, especially now that I know more of the story.

A lot of people go on about "big brother," the unsettling idea that the loss of our privacy and ourselves comes at the hand of some omnicient entity whose motives we aren't allowed to question and upon whom we have no oversight.

I've long felt that the much more tangible erosion of that privacy is what you could easily sum up as inbox culture, or youtube culture - the idea that moments like this that would otherwise be lost to anecdotes, memories, and at the extreme maybe a blurb in a newspaper, become immortalized and blown out of proportion with little or no context at all.

It makes us all consume things in such small bites, with such little regard that what you are seeing involves real people and really happened. Sometimes I read people's comments about videos online, and they make me ill. Taking in things so passively reduces empathy to shreds and bring out every shitty judgmental quality lurking in the depths of one's goddamn unbearable personality.

Which wouldn't necessarily be so bad, except when it comes to exacerbating someone's personal pain in what might be their lowest moment, or even ruining their life. And it's such a fucking unfair way of doing it - there's being critical of one person's decent into human-trainwreckdom (a la supermarket tabloids), and there's blowing one incident into epic proportion and shoving it into a public consciousness where it doesn't necessarily belong.

God forbid any of the kids (and regardless of their age, the lack of mental capacity some of them exhibit sometimes will always render them "kids" to me) ever have to deal with mental illness (it's painful), or their own family's issues become fodder for international musings.

It's also entirely possible I've overthought this, and I'd be lying (and a goddamn hypocrite) to say that I'm not guilty of it myself. But I'm trying to NOT be that way.

All I can say is... I guess it could happen to any of us. Any one of us, if only by the fickle pick of fate, could become the subject of someone's cell-phone prying eye and a subsequent blast of across-the-board unpleasantness. I know in my case it will probably involve something stupid like me getting attacked by a methed-up hillbilly.

i just found the subtitles funny. it's not so much what she was doing, as im use to that after living with my ex-roommate. But the fact that she was free styling for a good portion of it was down right hilarious. I'm sure she speaks in that form of vernacular (is that the right word) in common conversations, as i dont know anyone that is bipolar thats well spoken and suddenly goes into a tirade of obscenities and accusations in a ghetto fabulous dialog when off their meds... sure they get loud and say stupid shit, but it's all in their common colloquial speech, just more harsh or abrasive.

so in other words: "Get out of my face!! I want my shake! I want my shake!" :P

I don't really think you need to justify it... I laughed at the subtitles too. I was just kind of making general commentary, I think this sort of things speaks to a somewhat perverse and relatively new phenomenon in our culture.

The internet is serious business, except when it really is. It just drives me nuts when people don't know the difference between discourse and just plain BEING coarse, or when prima facie is the first step toward being fascist.

I don't really think you need to justify it... I laughed at the subtitles too. I was just kind of making general commentary, I think this sort of things speaks to a somewhat perverse and relatively new phenomenon in our culture.

The internet is serious business, except when it really is. It just drives me nuts when people don't know the difference between discourse and just plain BEING coarse, or when prima facie is the first step toward being fascist.

i've been seeing people doing shit like this on tv since the 80's... nothings changed...it's just more available to the masses now...nothing new...

i've been seeing people doing shit like this on tv since the 80's... nothings changed...it's just more available to the masses now...nothing new...

No, I don't think that's true.

For starters, it's NOT TV. There are about a billion ways in which that alone is different. Sure, there were clip shows, and amateur video, and so forth, but television has a lot more oversight, a general practice of "ethics" (which, while flimsy, is still more than the internet has as a whole), and is more one-way than teh webz. A news broadcast showing amateur video is a lot more likely to provide context, and there's not as much room for 8 million armchair hatemongers to weigh in. The internet allows people to pick and choose, which should be a good thing, but they're cherrypicking bits of context-lacking videos at breakneck speed and it forces people into snap judgments.

Secondly, with more people carrying pocket-sized cameras than ever, and more media to upload and share it through, the odds that someone caught in a candid moment have increased a million fold. It's kind of like what you've seen since the 80s, but beefed up and jammed in a pressure cooker, and every idiotic, scatological, racist, ignorant, hateful, mysogynist (and so forth) comment shouted by every backwards fuck, once in the privacy of their own home, is now shared through a perceived sense of anonymity with the world as a whole.

Maybe this is a bit rambling, as I'm a bit tired, but I think the point stands.

No, I don't think that's true.

For starters, it's NOT TV. There are about a billion ways in which that alone is different. Sure, there were clip shows, and amateur video, and so forth, but television has a lot more oversight, a general practice of "ethics" (which, while flimsy, is still more than the internet has as a whole), and is more one-way than teh webz. A news broadcast showing amateur video is a lot more likely to provide context, and there's not as much room for 8 million armchair hatemongers to weigh in. The internet allows people to pick and choose, which should be a good thing, but they're cherrypicking bits of context-lacking videos at breakneck speed and it forces people into snap judgments.

Secondly, with more people carrying pocket-sized cameras than ever, and more media to upload and share it through, the odds that someone caught in a candid moment have increased a million fold. It's kind of like what you've seen since the 80s, but beefed up and jammed in a pressure cooker, and every idiotic, scatological, racist, ignorant, hateful, mysogynist (and so forth) comment shouted by every backwards fuck, once in the privacy of their own home, is now shared through a perceived sense of anonymity with the world as a whole.

Maybe this is a bit rambling, as I'm a bit tired, but I think the point stands.

yea, i guess you're right... while i saw most stuff on video like "uncle goddamn" etc etc, it was mostly video tapes, but you made a good point how everyone has camera phones nowadays and can easily upload it... i stand corrected...

yea, i guess you're right... while i saw most stuff on video like "uncle goddamn" etc etc, it was mostly video tapes, but you made a good point how everyone has camera phones nowadays and can easily upload it... i stand corrected...

yeah. I don't really want to seem like I'm arguing or forcing my views, it's just kind of the way I see it. I think it's a bit perverse and disturbing how people react to some videos online. People can be so callous and hateful, and I'll admit to laughing at stuff that maybe I wouldn't find funny with any context.