What's your favorite piece of your collection?

I don't understand why Vinyl Collective is gets so anghsty about these type of threads.   This site is first and foremost, a site for music lovers. 

Mine would be my copies of the Cunninlyguists' albums A Piece of Strange and Strange Journey Volume 3.  Good story behind them too.

Right before I started collecting vinyl, I saw A Piece of Strange and almost bought it while at a Cunninlyguists show.  It is by all accounts one of the best underground hip-hop albums of all time, and is pressed on a gorgeous green and black swirl.  They also and Strange Journey on a grey, pink haze.  A couple months later, I started buying wax and tried to tracking them done.  Thing is, the pressings I'd seen were not only the only time the albums had been issued, they were out of 1000 and only being sold on tour.   So I called my who was going to their Denver show and asked him to see if they still had them.  He reported back, it was a no-go.  

Then Christmas came around and guess what was sitting under the tree for me.  Good brother, eh?   Those records now go for 200-250 dollars each.

I've loved this album since release, missed the show and kicked myself, it's good to know even had I gone I still would have missed out. Still have my cd at least :(

It's because most of us having been collecting records longer than the 'revival' and have already particiapted in threads like this ten times over. It isn't sour grapes; it's just old hat. We're not interested in showing off our "pieces" unless we're talking dick pics.

Well, let the ones who haven't participated in these threads participate in them. I didn't realize threads forced people to comment on them.

Been collecting longer than the "revival" and I have no problem participating in threads like this.

If you don't want to participate no one is forcing you to, just no need to rain on some one else's parade.

I was offering an explanation per the quote as to why VC is "anghsty" about these threads. That's not raining on someone else's parade, dork.

Well, let the ones who haven't participated in these threads participate in them. I didn't realize threads forced people to comment on them.

Again, someone asked why people get so uptight over stupid threads like this and I was just giving an explanation. That's what we in the biz called offering an opinion. 

Again, someone asked why people get so uptight over stupid threads like this and I was just giving an explanation. That's what we in the biz called offering an opinion.

We are aware. I had no idea that asking what someone's favorite record was; (I am terribly sorry I used the term "piece", as the forum deems that word outlandish as a synonym) would reference that someone post pictures of them, or reference it to showing their dick off.

We are aware. I had no idea that asking what someone's favorite record was; (I am terribly sorry I used the term "piece", as the forum deems that word outlandish as a synonym) would reference that someone post pictures of them, or reference it to showing their dick off.

You're forgiven.

Nothing valuable or anyhing, just a few of the most important records in my collection:

Saves the Day- Through Being Cool, 2014 press, 180 gram black

Motion City Soundtrack- I Am The Movie & Commit This To Memory (because I love them both equally)

blink-182- The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show

Against Me!- Transgender Dysphoria Blues

Every album by the Wonder Years

I know it's all typical "VC-core" or whatever, but goddamn I heard that StD record when I was eleven and never looked at anything the same. Likewise with the rest of them. True life changers for me.

I'd say the Circa Survive Violent Waves box set that was released in 2012. I initially didn't have the money to purchase it and regretted it for a while. It took me about three years and about three different failed attempts at deals before I got one for a reasonable price. I was looking to get one of the regular acrylic box/painted jacket combos but the guy I ended up making a deal with had one that came in the larger bundles that also included a  hand written lyrics sheet and drawing of the song "Phantasmagoria".

I'd say the Circa Survive Violent Waves box set that was released in 2012. I initially didn't have the money to purchase it and regretted it for a while. It took me about three years and about three different failed attempts at deals before I got one for a reasonable price. I was looking to get one of the regular acrylic box/painted jacket combos but the guy I ended up making a deal with had one that came in the larger bundles that also included a hand written lyrics sheet and drawing of the song "Phantasmagoria".

That's so awesome. I have the violent waves box, I just wish I had one of the hand painted jackets. Hold on to that for sure!