PO: Miike Snow - iii

What are the odds that the picture disc might sound as good as the regular vinyl?

what? If you wanted to save money and get the best sound, get the black vinyl. Any other color would have poorer sound too....

Actually that's not even correct anymore.  The myth of color sounding worse has kind of begin nonexistent.  The color variants coming out as of a late have sounded just as good and I have no complaints about the various variants I have.

Some colors do sound better than others, it is not a myth.  It is not always true, but it is not a myth.  Try spinning most glow in the darks and see if the sound is the same.  Or I have one record with hair in it....can't listen to that for a damn.  Some variants are made for looks, some are made for quality.  Luckily Miike Snow is releasing a version for each fan in mind.  Don't get mad at them for having options.

I dont like where this thread is heading.

Buy whatever you want. As long as it sounds good to your ears it doesnt matter. I bought the picture disc. 

Agreed, I preordered the picture disc and if it sounds absolutely horrible I will either return it or just buy a black copy in addition to play.

Some colors do sound better than others, it is not a myth.  It is not always true, but it is not a myth.  Try spinning most glow in the darks and see if the sound is the same.  Or I have one record with hair in it....can't listen to that for a damn.  Some variants are made for looks, some are made for quality.  Luckily Miike Snow is releasing a version for each fan in mind.  Don't get mad at them for having options.

I'm mad at them for having the picture disc option. And I'm sorry to hear that about the colors but the picture disc has never ever sounded good.  Look I think it looks nice and I would love to get it but the odds are heavily against it.  

I rather they have released the album in color because then there would be a high chance it'd sound great and look great at the same time.  Right now it's sounds vs looks.  Though now I'm going to hold on a preorder just to see how the picture disc reviews do.  I might even pick it up it if they have it at their show March 1st.  I could always sell it I hope hahha

• 2 weeks later...

The fuck?! I missed presale for the Los Angeles show so i tried to buy tickets when they went on sale to general public. Sold out in 5 minutes. I tried buying them at 12:10 and they were gone.

Not sure why that's surprising. Any half decent artist coming through SF sells out instantly. Miike snow had two nights sell out right away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I received a vinyl shaped box that was way too light to contain a record...thought someone must have shipped me an empty box. Turned out to be the slip mat. Not complaining but I definitely could have waited to have them ship the record and slip mat together.

Thats odd. I got my shipping notification yesterday. Says it wont be here until next week. At least my amazon order for the black LP will be here on friday.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the picture disc today - pleasantly surprised that it came in a normal sleeve vs. plastic (is this normal for newer picture discs? I haven't had a new one in years) Can't comment on the sound quality yet but it looks great. 

Yeah, and I like that the cover art is a different color than the black pressing. My only complaint is a 3" seam split right on the spine. Haha. I'm gonna write them and see if I can get a replacement sleeve. I doubt it though. Warner Bros doesnt seem like a very customer service friendly company. I havent listened to it yet so I cant say if it sounds good. I actually havent been able to listen to any vinyl in at least 6 months. :/