Google Fi

I'm pretty sure my buddy recently did this. He travels a lot to Canada for work, and it helps minimize the money he has to pay for data and calls. I saw his Google phone (or whatever it's called) a couple nights ago. It had a pretty cool layout and design to it. He said he's content with it, but if he didn't travel as much, I'm not sure that he would've switched from AT&T and his iPhone. Hope that helps.

Whats the coverage like? Did you pay for a phone in full or per month?

Their website answers all that. Just do some research. It's very straight forward. You can do either depending on your credit. When I got signed up only the Nexus 6 was supported. I got mine of Amazon for cheaper, but now it's about the same brand new, and you have the new model.

Use t-mobile and sprints coverage maps to see how it is for you. I have full LTE whenever in a major city. But the whole point of the service is to be connected to WiFi as much as possible. My phone bill for last month was $22.

Ive done the research, but cant find actual use reviews of the coverage/network, and wanted to get an idea of what actual people do with the plan (buy phone outright vs mo installment; amount of data and how much they get refunded)

Like I said, it's t-mobile and sprint signals. It automatically connects to the stronger signal. You're not going to find coverage reviews of Fi cause it's not like they're new towers. So use sprint and t-mobile to check the areas you won't have WiFi in, and make a decision.

You're asking personal questions. These are ones you need to answer yourself, and decide whether if Fi is right for you. If you're going to be out and about all the time, not connected to WiFi, I would say no, but again, that depends on what you have now. Just sit down and compare the two. I'm sure you can figure it out.

As far as data, you pay for what you use. I don't understand the confusion. Say you pick the 2gb plan. You pay $40 up front. Then you end up using 1gb. They credit the $10 back to your next bill. Simple as that.

Outright vs. Monthly, do whatever you want / are allowed. There is no difference. The phone is the same. That's more of a personal finance issue. I don't see what you need to ask about it?

You're asking questions like you've never had a phone carrier before. The only difference between Fi and the other major carriers is no contract, and it's cheaper since its whole business model is to be connected to WiFi as much as possible.

it's t-mobile and sprint signals. It automatically connects to the stronger signal.

If you're going to be out and about all the time, not connected to WiFi, I would say no, but again, that depends on what you have now.

As far as data, you pay for what you use. Say you pick the 2gb plan. You pay $40 up front. Then you end up using 1gb. They credit the $10 back to your next bill. Simple as that.

Outright vs. Monthly, There is no difference. The phone is the same.

The only difference between Fi and the other major carriers is no contract, and it's cheaper since its whole business model is to be connected to WiFi as much as possible.

Fixed it so you don't come off as such a dick.