Girl Stuffs(advice needed)

I don't think you should move to LA coffee girl or no coffee girl. Sure you still love her but I think with the amount of time that the two of you have been seperated that at this point the love is mostly for how things use to be. If you move things probably wouldn't stay good for very long and you'd regret the whole thing especialy since you hate LA

Go wih COFFEE GIRL...

I lived in LA for some period, and I'm from TX and fucking hated it. I got a good job working for AFI (american film institute), i had a 2 bedroom apt that i shared and my part of the rent alone was about as much as most people's mortgage anywhere else. While my job was pretty cool, i got too meet so many people and most were god awful.

Almost everyone is pretty superficial as well. It's not just something people portray on tv. People will judge you on your looks, dress, and whats in your wallet. And also how you can help them more than anything. I finally caught on to this after a few months, and i was out the door as soon as i could. I could have been dating a supermodel and probably would have left nonetheless.

I do miss AMOEBA though...

I love how its okay for people to bash the living shit out of LA, a city far too fucking big to see in its entirity except over a good couple of decades. However, god forbid someone from LA calls every Texan fucking loopy or calls people from the Midwest hicks, all hell breaks loose and were stereotyping bastards. LA is an awesome place. Everyone is NOT superficial. If you don't like where you're hanging out, find a new place to hang. There's so many different parts to LA I find it almost unbelievable to say you don't like any part of the entire city outside a single record shop or one bar.

People get judged everywhere, LA is no exception and I'd be willing to bet New York and most other big cities have similar elements. If you want to hang out at the Standard or down Sunset or whatever you're going to get judged by the pretty people. But go to Silverlake and hang out in the dingy places like the Tiki Ti or head to the local joints. If you put in effort you'll find gems.

If you want to truly complain about LA, complain how its got no mass transit and everything is spread out or how it can be pricey. (another thing totally within your control)

Dodger Stadium rules. The Arclight it tits as is its next door neighbor Amoeba. You have shows all over the place and never have to really worry if a band is coming to your city. There's the Laugh Factory and the Comedy Store. There's a ton of shit you just have to know how to find it.

ok, I'm little late to the party here, but I have to interject as I am going/went through something similar. I was dating a girl long distance in Austin TX for awhile. (I live in OH) I planned on moving there to be with her, and then she freaked out and told me she couldn't continue our arrangement, blah, blah, blah.

I'm guessing you've known this girl a little longer than I knew mine. Just remember that you could move out to LA with the intention of getting serious, and then she could end up on a totally different page than you're on. New places=New experiences=you never know what the hell is going to happen. then, not only will you be heartbroken, but you'll be in a city you hate.

my $0.02

I love how its okay for people to bash the living shit out of LA, a city far too fucking big to see in its entirity except over a good couple of decades. However, god forbid someone from LA calls every Texan fucking loopy or calls people from the Midwest hicks, all hell breaks loose and were stereotyping bastards. LA is an awesome place. Everyone is NOT superficial. If you don't like where you're hanging out, find a new place to hang. There's so many different parts to LA I find it almost unbelievable to say you don't like any part of the entire city outside a single record shop or one bar.

People get judged everywhere, LA is no exception and I'd be willing to bet New York and most other big cities have similar elements. If you want to hang out at the Standard or down Sunset or whatever you're going to get judged by the pretty people. But go to Silverlake and hang out in the dingy places like the Tiki Ti or head to the local joints. If you put in effort you'll find gems.

If you want to truly complain about LA, complain how its got no mass transit and everything is spread out or how it can be pricey. (another thing totally within your control)

Dodger Stadium rules. The Arclight it tits as is its next door neighbor Amoeba. You have shows all over the place and never have to really worry if a band is coming to your city. There's the Laugh Factory and the Comedy Store. There's a ton of shit you just have to know how to find it.

no one said all hell would break loose if you judged texans...because for the most part we are all somewhat loopy.. minus Austin.. Anyone who's been around texas will probably agree that Austin is it's own little entity in this big ole' state. When i say LA, i meant a generalized segment of Los Angeles are pretty shitty. I frequented East LA, Hollywood, Taluca Lake, Silverlake, Chinatown, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Koreatown, downtown LA, Englewood, Compton, Watts, and this was by myself on the bus (which fucking sux balls) or subway (which rocks..yes LA has a subway) so i had a good chunk of experiences to make my assessment.

I would never recommend living in that city for anyone.. the pollution is horrible, the bus system if you aren't a driver is fucking horrible, the traffic is even worse. normal 15 minute drives take a hour, and yes it is pricey...and yes it is within your control, but i'm not gonna live in a shithole aprtment in East LA for $500 a month. I'm hispanic, i'll get fucking shot soon enough. I already got enough shit there while in East LA with a friend who was from there.. (Note to self: wear long sleeves when in East LA next time. and don't look too hispanic, and make sure they don't see your 512 area code tattoo.. i almost got stabbed for that one)

As far as shows. I really didn't get to go to too many shows, i saw a few bands, but i was usually working late, so i never made it... :( I did get to see The Wrens at the Troubador (which was nice, but they had drinks for the rape you in the ass price of $9)

I also had a problem with how people were too lazy to walk. I swear. People would drive from The Arclight to Amoeba they weren't paying for parking. I can't remember the times we would drive off the lot to drive around the studio to go to starbucks on gower, when the damn studio was on gower and only a 4 minute walk through the damn thing... lazy.. and that's just one example.

LA itself isn't soo bad, just mostly the people i met are pretty pretention and solopsistic..everyone was looking how talking to you could benefit them in any way. I'm not saying everyone was like that, but enough did to leave a mark. Seriously, who the fuck asks what kind of car i drive after 4 minutes of meeting them.. and then turn away when you say you don't drive. True Story.

But there were things i liked about it. I loved The Getty ( i went there 13 times within my time here), LACMA (the architecture is amazing), Troubador, Graumans Chinese Theater, Amoeba, Freds 62' (Best tuna melt i ever had), Rosco's, Fat Burger, The Stinking Rose, The Watts Towers, Olvera Street, Taking the subway to Chinatown was always nice, Little Korea, Griffith Park, 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica, Mao's in Venice Beach (i dare not walk alone on the strip at night again). So there are good things about it. But the bad outweighed the good, and i'm sticking by my story.

But i did meet a woman at a party that told me i could feel her fake ass boobs after she was talking to me for 20 minutes about them, and how her husband paid for them and loves them... Found out later, she thought i was someone else... Damn, i should have wore a suit more often while i was there, maybe i could have gotten laid...

ok, I'm little late to the party here, but I have to interject as I am going/went through something similar. I was dating a girl long distance in Austin TX for awhile. (I live in OH) I planned on moving there to be with her, and then she freaked out and told me she couldn't continue our arrangement, blah, blah, blah.

I'm guessing you've known this girl a little longer than I knew mine. Just remember that you could move out to LA with the intention of getting serious, and then she could end up on a totally different page than you're on. New places=New experiences=you never know what the hell is going to happen. then, not only will you be heartbroken, but you'll be in a city you hate.

my $0.02

So i take it you're not moving here? Dude, i was looking forward to showing you around and taking you to the bars outside of Downtown. Oh well

You're leaving in December, so the coffee girl is just a temporary thing, while the ex wants to settle down and such. I think you'd be better off going with the ex. You said the distance killed the love a bit, so getting back with her should bring it all right back. Gotta follow your heart.

my $0.02

So i take it you're not moving here? Dude, i was looking forward to showing you around and taking you to the bars outside of Downtown. Oh well

OH NO DUDE I'm still movin!!! can't no woman hold me down!!!!

I'm pumped as hell to, I love Austin and I can't wait to call it my new home!!

So, points to bring up:

Coffee girl=great tits v. LA girl=ok tits

Coffee girl=$ v. LA girl=$$$$

Coffee girl= a bit quite, like a hot librarian v. LA girl=assertive, you don't have to stand with her all night at a party to make her feel secure and is fashionably aware

Coffee girl=don't know what's like in bed v. LA girl=i broke her anal cherry and immediately after she suggested "well, I guess the next step will be threesomes"

Coffee girl=not interested in vinyl v. LA girl=I just bought her a turntable and a "unknown pleasures" and she already has a few records.

discuss.