getting asked to play fest 7 in june appreesh

now i can figure out a budget.

how much do you usually have to save as far as for a room and tickets to the shows?

plan to spend about $100 a night for the hotel, i think tickets are like $60 for the whole weekend, and probably bring $200 for merch and beer.

best weekend of your life.

i really would like to go to this!!!...i have no clue where to start as planning goes...any advice

First of all figure out your flight info, it's probably best to fly into Jacksonville. It's about an hour or so away and the drive through back country there is awesome. There are a lot of red eye flights into JAX. You can fly to Gainesville, but it's a small airport and a bit pricier, in fact it's more than a flight to JAX and a rental car. There are services which will take you to Gainesville from JAX. Then go to Yellow Pages and get a list of local motels, try the abc, total shithole, but good price and they have a fridge in the room for the brew. Then set $50-60 a side for the weekend ticket. Cabs are pretty cheap and there a few hotels right in the downtown, cheap ones too, but you're better off driving buzzed or hailing a checker. Then bring as much as you can afford for merch, seriously, and go to the no idea yard sale, get there early and get in line. Then drink, alot. go see Assholeparade and smoke reefer inside a club. Get your shit knocked out by Bridge and Tunnel and if they play make sure to see Army of Ponch, but most importantly get prepared for an experience you have never known, The Fest fucking rules!!!!!!

i want to go, just to do coke with OWTH.

They don't do coke anymore, according to interviews I've read. Sorry to rain on your parade. I'm sure you'll have no shortage people in bands to do coke with, though. No worries. Watch out for OP though, last time I hung with Eric he did all my blow and stole my TV to buy more. True story.

Fest dates are Friday, Oct 31 to Sunday, Nov 2. Website will be up next week... maybe. Consider it on the standard "No Idea release schedule".

when does this no idea yard sale happen?

Saturday of the fest at the No Idea house. It fucking rules. Last year I met Var and he showed this insane bin of rare, and I mean fucking rare, records, not just No Idea. None of which I could afford, but some Euro dude cleaned house. Started at 11 am lastb year, best to be there an hour early.

The Fest is awesome, but Cocaine is not.

Guest baseball

Stoked for the Fest. I gotta get to the yard sale earlier this year, the line was huge last year by the time I got there.

Either that or spot Dante and cut in front of him.