[PO] Swans – The Glowing Man

On 6/21/2016 at 0:08 PM, DOMAN127 said:

This guy has some issues with his LPs

Anyone else experience the same? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/4p1wcg/the_glowing_man/

I have no issues with sound quality, but do have the last few seconds of "Finally, Peace" cut off.  I actually didn't realize until today - I had only listened to it on LP the first few times and I thought the abrupt cutoff was a stylistic choice (like Portishead - Silence) since Gira had said that this was their last record with the current lineup.  But...I guess whoever was cutting the master just hit Stop too early.

On 6/23/2016 at 5:42 PM, The Royal Dutch of Dukes said:

I have no issues with sound quality, but do have the last few seconds of "Finally, Peace" cut off.  I actually didn't realize until today - I had only listened to it on LP the first few times and I thought the abrupt cutoff was a stylistic choice (like Portishead - Silence) since Gira had said that this was their last record with the current lineup.  But...I guess whoever was cutting the master just hit Stop too early.

I thought it was a deliberate choice too (and perhaps it still is for the LP).  I haven't listened to this digitally yet, so I didn't even realize that anything was missing from the end.

On 26 June 2016 at 5:04 PM, jonrawks said:

I thought it was a deliberate choice too (and perhaps it still is for the LP).  I haven't listened to this digitally yet, so I didn't even realize that anything was missing from the end.

I didn't think anything of it either (and have also only listened via the LP) and simply put it down to a stylistic choice rather than a fault... Either way, it certainly didn't spoil my listening experience whatsoever.