Shipping from Italy to Italy?

So I just sold $100 item to someone in Italy and I don't usually ship to Italy period. Not with tracking, not without tracking. But I'm going to be in Italy in 2 weeks and considering taking it with me and shipping it from Italy to Italy. Anyone with any experience there? Is it as bad as internationally shipping to Italy?

Hi,

Once you get to Italy, there are heaps of express couriers you could use (please, see below). They are not that expensive and they are 100% reliable. I live overseas, but I am Italian, have used their services many times and have never had an issue in my life. You could check whether they have a store in the area you are visiting. Happy to help if you would like me to get a quote through their website.

http://www.tnt.ithttp://www.dhl.it/it/express.htmlhttp://www.brt.it/it/index.do

Edited by Vinyl_junkie

6 hours ago, ps. said:

the italian mail system is so corrupt. if you do ship it, make sure you check "gift". i mail stuff to my cousins, us to italy, and those bastards always charge them an extra $10 to $20 just for delivering it. i would probably do it from italy to italy since you're going. 

Are you sure you aren't talking about import fees & taxes & not some arbitrary charge by a corrupt postal employee? Or are they just really considerate when it comes to gifts?

6 hours ago, 74R said:

Are you sure you aren't talking about import fees & taxes & not some arbitrary charge by a corrupt postal employee? Or are they just really considerate when it comes to gifts?

I think it's at random. First few times I sent packages over there, the guy who delivers told them that there's a fee for delivering it. USPS told me to make sure you check off "gift" on the slip when filling it out. Anyways, recently it's been better since they know one of the postmans that work their route. 

2 hours ago, ps. said:

I think it's at random. First few times I sent packages over there, the guy who delivers told them that there's a fee for delivering it. USPS told me to make sure you check off "gift" on the slip when filling it out. Anyways, recently it's been better since they know one of the postmans that work their route. 

He told you to mark them as a gift to avoid import taxes. So if you've been doing that & you've had no further fees, that is probably why.