The Happening

Wow you guys are critical. I'm still going to check it out. You all probably hated There Will Be Blood too.

I highly enjoyed THERE WILL BE BLOOD. M. Knights shyamalan's movies have become progressively worse since the SIXTH SENSE. I"m not saying they just plain suck, but after unbreakable, the movies have gone downhill for me. I just remember most of the movies being a bit formulaic. That's just me.

fuck you m. night for stealing an hour and half of my life. the acting in those was so bad it hurt. only positives on this were 1) i went with a cute girl and 2) when i left the people standing in line asked me how it was and i looked down and shook my head no. i got a horrible sigh and walked away. the trailer honestly did make this look good but holy fuck.

M. Night Shyamaln has got a bad rap after Lady In The Water (which I don't care what anyone says, is one the best most daring popculture films of late). That's probably why The Happening turned out so bad, his heart is obviously not in horror/thriller writing anymore (what with him doing Avatar next) and the studio wouldn't back anything other than a horror film by him. It was however very obvious during The Happening that it was rushed both in writing and production, through enthusiasm for the premise, or a desire to get it over I don't know. But M. Night is a very talented film maker. Atleast the guy is still making real films, I don't think the world deserves to suffer another bullshit Tarantino vanity project.

man, come on. that was horrible acting and i like some shitty movies. diary of the dead was better than this.

I could back you if you said the writing or the plot was bad but I honestly didn't think the acting was horrible. Not amazing. Marky Mark was a bit over the top in certain instances but I honestly believe that to be the character. On the whole I thought the movie was decent but I rarely have expectations for movies. Frankly, while the Sixth Sense on first viewing would have been awesome every subsequent viewing would be eh, which to me means the movie isn't great. Whatever, I was entertained for an hour and a half.

this movie was a waste of time. i did a double feature with this and the new hulk movie. i seriously wanted to walk out of this one. it seemed like halfway through they realized it was going to suck so they tried to add a little comedy to it to make it better. the acting was horrible and the plot almost made me want to cry. i had such high hopes for this!

On a sidenote, The Incredible Hulk was fucking awesome.

seconded!

Guest genericinsight

see, i liked that, but man the village made me want to eat my own eye-balls.

I thought The Village was great. The twist at the end made it all worth it. The story may have dragged, but

finding out that they created their own society walled off from the modern world was just fantastic.

That was what ruined it for me, because I figured that out about halfway through the movie. So there was no twist for me concerning The Village.

I have no desire to see this. I haven't liked anything M. Night has done since Signs.

So I saw this tonight. I thought the concept was pretty sick, but I'm not sure about some of the acting. It was either really bad acting, or the characters were purposely cheesy. I couldn't tell for sure, but I'm giving the man the benefit of the doubt. I know Mark can act and I know Night can write and direct, so I'm guessing it was on purpose. I could be wrong. Either way, it wasn't unwatchable or anything.