NHL - Offseason

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the day is here... time to see what all happens! if we lose everyone im still stoked on the Pens because our minors team is stacked with quality players that we can fill in the holes left... i mean we still have Malkin, Crosby, Fluery, Gonchar, Talbot, Staal, etc. Pens are going to be insane next season

The rumors so far are that we're trying to keep Ruutu, Dupuis has been offered a contract, but he rejected it. Laraque looks like he won't be resigned. The Pens don't want to pay Orpik over $4 million. Hall wants to see what free agency can offer him.

Also, Malkin should be signing any day now, rumored at $8.5 million a year for 5 years. That guy is a class act! I thought he was going to be greedy and demand a ton more. With Crosby and Malkin locked up at that rate we'll be able to grab a Hossa-type and if we don't we can always snag 2 Sykora-types. They want to try and ink Staal this summer as well and of course MAF will be a priority.

I trust Shero a lot, the only "bad" move he has made is Sydor and I don't consider that signing awful.

Should be an exciting day...

The Devils have re-signed left wing Jay Pandolfo and defenseman Bryce Salvador, the team announced this morning.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello also announced that they have passed on the option on Sergei Brylin's contract for $1.52 million. Lamoriello did not rule out signing Brylin at a later date, but said he will become an unrestricted free agent at noon. Arron Asham will also become an UFA.

The team also res-gined David Clarkson, Barry Tallackson and signed draft picks Matt Halischuk and Vladimir Zharkov.

Lamorello said the decision came down between Pandolfo and Brylin. "It was a very difficult situation," Lamoriello said.

Salvador received a a four-year contract at $2.9 million per season. His deal does not include a no-movement clause of any kind. I don't have details on Pandolfo's deal, yet.