NHL - Offseason

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoked on the draft. Kings drafted 3 defenseman in the top 30 (or so, top 32 to be exact). Colton (gotta love that name) Teubert has some good size, 6'4" and Doughty looks like he's the real deal losing that weight and getting with a NHL-caliber trainer. That and he loved the Kings as a kid so how could that be bad. Dean deserves a nice pat on the back.

Flyers picked up two defensemen that should be good over the next few years (Eminger & Niskala) and appear to be very close to re-signing Jeff Carter. And picking up two more defensemen in the draft (Sbisa & Bourdon). Only thing that's somewhat worrying me. Smith is basically gone, i'd like them to make some moves on defense for this upcoming season, rather than planning so much for the future. (although it's obviously good)

Roberts is gone, but that was a given.

I don't care anymore about who stays/leaves the pens because I love watching Crosby and Fluery and Malkin and I know those 3 will be staying put for the next 5+ years. Glad to be RJ Umberger traded to Columbus, won't have to worry about him lighting up Fluery more than one game next season... Columbus is still going to suck.

so it was my birthday yesterday, and my girlfriend took my to my first hockey game

it was awesome. so much fun. i loved it. sure, it was only a small game in our tiny national league, but it was great. a crowd of probably 100 or so. not sure really. but i cant wait to see more of it

today i got a red wings championship jersey. now im not really a red wings fan, but its still cool i guess. i dont follow any particular team. i just enjoy the sport. i hope to be seeing more of it as life goes on

anyone know of any good books to help me learn more about the game?

Malone signed a 7 year deal w/ Tampa.

WORST CONTRACT EVER

link?

i know his rights got traded, but i have not seen any actual signings for any pens players for any teams...

I'm not sure if it's 100% official yet.

I got a lot of info here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=529621

the day is here... time to see what all happens! if we lose everyone im still stoked on the Pens because our minors team is stacked with quality players that we can fill in the holes left... i mean we still have Malkin, Crosby, Fluery, Gonchar, Talbot, Staal, etc. Pens are going to be insane next season