Paste's Top 17 Record Stores

that list is a fucking joke.

record stores?

it has the electric fetus in minneapolis. a place that pretty much stopped selling vinyl, with the exception of a small collection of maybe 75 or 100 LPs of all new mainstream indie/hipster stuff. they dont even carry used vinyl! there are 3 or 4 record stores that are better in the city, let alone the country.

the newbury comics in boston, which while maybe having more of a history, is not all that amazing especially when compared to other stores/areas.

they also put dusty groove records in chicago. of all the stores in the city they pick that one? i realize not everyone is into punk records, but what are they judging by? its obviously not size or selection.

the actual newbury comics in boston isn't even the best.

i prefer the cambridge one.

the amherst one is sweet too.

as far as vinyl goes, newbury st currently takes the cake. much larger selection. HOWEVER, harvard square just revamped and moved their section. there is now a lot more room for more stuff, and now their 7"s are all chest height! no more record neck!

record stores?

it has the electric fetus in minneapolis. a place that pretty much stopped selling vinyl, with the exception of a small collection of maybe 75 or 100 LPs of all new mainstream indie/hipster stuff. they dont even carry used vinyl! there are 3 or 4 record stores that are better in the city, let alone the country.

the newbury comics in boston, which while maybe having more of a history, is not all that amazing especially when compared to other stores/areas.

they also put dusty groove records in chicago. of all the stores in the city they pick that one? i realize not everyone is into punk records, but what are they judging by? its obviously not size or selection.

wrong, electric fetus carries used vinyl. but you're right when you say it's a joke

best record store in the twin cities is Extreme Noise IMHO

I was a little mad that SHAKE IT RECORDS here in cincinnati got snubbed. I'm not saying I've been to a lot of record stores across the country, but damn shake it is one hell of a store. those that have been there know what I'm talking about.

However, Ear-X-Tacy in louisville made it, and that's well deserved, great store.

record stores?

wrong, electric fetus carries used vinyl. but you're right when you say it's a joke

oh. i havent been in there in a few years at this point. cause when i used to go there 6 or 7 years ago, they had pretty much stopped, and had no used stuff, etc. and everytime i went it got less selection and worse and worse so i just stopped wasting my time. maybe its gotten better in the last couple years i guess?

record stores?

You're not alone in thinking that.

Cool, Waterloo made it, i figured it would. It's pretty much got everything. From Atmosphere, Sharon Jones, Weezer, Metallica, Bob Dyoand, to Coliseum. It's a mix of everything imaginable. I'm not saying this to be bias, but id o find someonthing there everytime i go. Sound Exchange would have got it if it weren't closed down. Remember that record store in SLACKERS. that's Sound Exchange.

other music in nyc? that place is a joke..unless your sucking off the newest hipster darling band..

generation is by far better with a wider selection and more space dedicated to vinyl.

and kims just remodeled and they got much better for it...

and i dont know..are some of those specialty stores? if so they completely dropped the ball leaving fat beats off...one of the best hip hop stores ever.