new AM! - axl pressing info

flood

i dont see why this bothers people so much. i collect em, so i buy em all. it doesnt bother me at all.

i think most of the people who are actually bitching about it aren't even actually interested in buying it in the first place. No Idea isn't going to stop pressing what is a) the biggest release they might possibly ever have, and B) what pretty much accounts to one of the best punk rock releases of the last 20 years in alot of peoples opinions.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I can see both sides. They're basically just different models of releasing something. Fat keeps pressing Eternal Cowboy, (since I just bought it), but they're all on black. The only thing No Idea is doing different is keeping track of the pressing, and doing tons of different colors. I bought a copy a year ago and didn't even realize it was colored until I bought another copy (cause its was listed as colored) and found out...they're all colored! Granted, its either a collector's wet dream or nightmare, depending on how okay they are with being obsessive.

don't get me wrong, i love the album. it's one of my favorites. i just think that it's way out of hand when there's a special list that you have to be on to be the first in line to get the most limited releases...its like, out of these message board communities, i think it'd be quite difficult to even know about this kind of thing. unless you talk to var, of course.

but more power to you guys, though. AM! collecting was easy in the beginning, like you said. but now it's just like everyone's caught up in this RAR frenzy. it's crazy.

Guest scriptedrain
Nobody is forcing people to buy all 7 variations of the record each time its pressed. If its really that annoying that you gotta buy so many, stop buying. How many do you need?

If you're a fan of Against Me!, one. If you're a collector of Against Me!, all. If neither apply, zero.

the list was originally just a handful of people (i know Impact Dan, Andy, Myself.. and a few rabid HWM fans) who were regularly buying OOP and test pressings from Var just as an update to when new stuff was coming out.. and a probably as a thank you for dropping alot of money on his company.. this was still when serious AM! collecting was just a handful of people.. and nothing was going for ridiculous money yet.

its really no difference than a label posting info anywhere else thats a rather limited number of people are hitting.. ie virgil posting here, or myself posting on my messagebord... while its not essentially totally private.. its still very much closed off from the general public.

also alot of people randomly got rare am! stuff simply by ordering at the right time... and for the most part it wasnt like andy, dan and i didnt tip off the boards to order the stuff when we found out about it... i know alot of kids on my messageboard have scored some real gems from no idea, and they weren't on the list.

also i think a big part of the list was it was actual collectors, and not kids looking to turn a fast profit.

the list was originally just a handful of people (i know Impact Dan, Andy, Myself.. and a few rabid HWM fans) who were regularly buying OOP and test pressings from Var just as an update to when new stuff was coming out.. and a probably as a thank you for dropping alot of money on his company.. this was still when serious AM! collecting was just a handful of people.. and nothing was going for ridiculous money yet.

its really no difference than a label posting info anywhere else thats a rather limited number of people are hitting.. ie virgil posting here, or myself posting on my messagebord... while its not essentially totally private.. its still very much closed off from the general public.

also alot of people randomly got rare am! stuff simply by ordering at the right time... and for the most part it wasnt like andy, dan and i didnt tip off the boards to order the stuff when we found out about it... i know alot of kids on my messageboard have scored some real gems from no idea, and they weren't on the list.

also i think a big part of the list was it was actual collectors, and not kids looking to turn a fast profit.

i see what you're saying. and you guys were pretty public about it. i just think that it's crazy once it gets to a point where theres a list that pretty much gets top priority. it doesn't seem entirely fair, but it makes a lot of sense from a collector standpoint. i don't know if AM! fans would be as rabid, as say, Brand New fans if there weren't so many pressings that were so specific (eg. no idea's represses vs. fat's represses). i think that the idea of having so many variations is the driving force behind why they got to where they are (aside from a killer album). i love this record, but i just think it kind of sucks for what it's become now... good for no idea, cuz they're making money from it. but it seems like such a machine now. like, having a first press record thats limited to 1000, that was only repressed maybe 4 times, would mean more to me than a 17th press limited to 57.

but that's just my two cents. :-/

Ooooh what I'd give for:

Pumpkin

Guacamole

Blue/Grey

Blue/Green

How do I got about getting these in a specific color? No Idea's website doesn't even mention them.

you ask for the colors in the order notes. usually when i do i also make sure to note i don't want four copies unless i can get those colors. something similar to that to make sure you don't get two copies of a color if you don't want it.

Ooooh what I'd give for:

Pumpkin

Guacamole

Blue/Grey

Blue/Green

How do I got about getting these in a specific color? No Idea's website doesn't even mention them.

when you order, just mention the specific color you want in the order notes.

but fyi, the ones you want are all sold out. most of the ones that are limited to under 20 or so copies are sold out way before the public finds out about the pressing info.

Ooooh what I'd give for:

Pumpkin

Guacamole

Blue/Grey

Blue/Green

I have Pumpkin and Quacamole coming to me if you're interested. I don't collect AM! but I got them in a trade.

wow...trading them off before you even get them...