PO/TP: THE HOLD STEADY "Stay Positive" dbl LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

THE HOLD STEADY "Stay Positive" dbl LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/CSDLP-1129

The latest Hold Steady album pressed domestically as a double LP. The album contains a bonus track, "Ask Her For Aderall". The album was scheduled to be released a week ahead of the CD's street date of July 15th, but I feel more comfortable saying that the vinyl will ship around the date of the street date, give or take.

Although, "Boys and Girls" came out on a pressing of both pink and blue vinyl, this album will only be pressed on black vinyl, per the band's request.

Your purchase of the vinyl through Vinyl Collective will enter you for a chance to win a test pressing for the album. I wish you good luck, this will be a great test press to own.

If the first couple of tracks posted on their Myspace is any indication, this is going to be another incredible album in an already incredible catalog.

Does anyone know if "Fiestas and Fiascos" by Lifter Puller (Craig Finn's previous band) was ever pressed on vinyl? If not, sign me up!

Guest Admin
I want the Brokedealer (also Finn) to be pressed...fucking awesome stuff.

please hip me to brokedealer? is that the project he did in between lifter puller and hold steady? let me know. I can't wait to hear that. I had heard about some electronic project he did after lifter puller, but i never heard it.

I want the Brokedealer (also Finn) to be pressed...fucking awesome stuff.

please hip me to brokedealer? is that the project he did in between lifter puller and hold steady? let me know. I can't wait to hear that. I had heard about some electronic project he did after lifter puller, but i never heard it.

yeah, it's kinda glitchy/electronica. It was done just before (during) the infant stages of Hold Steady.

Check your PMs.

yeah, it's kinda glitchy/electronica. It was done just before (during) the infant stages of Hold Steady.

Check your PMs.

Wanna keep the PM train chuggin' along?

$28 total is rocking. I paid it, but only because this is my second msot anticipated album of the year.

Virgil, why is this so expensive?

DBL LP

GATEFOLD

Plus extra vinyl only tracks.

The price of gas is $4.00 a gallon. Say goodbye to $7 Lp's

This is still ridic. I figured the Alkaline Trio were doing a cash grab for their $26 double LP, but this is pretty shocking. guess Vagrant does their pressings at non-slave labor camp.

i must be missing something with this band... i get bored 4 songs into boys and girls and the earlier albums are rockin, but it just sounds like the singer is just shouting out phrases. that gets kind of annoying.

i've tried but i dont know if i can get into them.

I hear that. Maybe this is the summer I come around to liking the Hold Steady. Boys and Girls did nothing for me, but that's the only album I've heard from them. Perhaps this newer material will convert me.

DBL LP

GATEFOLD

Plus extra vinyl only tracks.

The price of gas is $4.00 a gallon. Say goodbye to $7 Lp's

This is still ridic. I figured the Alkaline Trio were doing a cash grab for their $26 double LP, but this is pretty shocking. guess Vagrant does their pressings at non-slave labor camp.

Yea your right most pressing plants still use slaves... how could i forget

I laso am not a HUGE fan like Aaron is, but I do like this band in small doses... mostly due to the fact that I have heard the song "Rosalita" by Bruce Springsteen, which is the origination of every HS song, IMO...rollicking song with the singer ranting over the top of the music. yeah.

Go buy the Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle album and get back to me.

Guest Admin

Without knowing the exact answer for the price, I know that Cobraside has an arrangement with Vagrant whereby they have the right to license their entire catalog. I assume the arrangement requires Cobraside to pay a decent royalty on records sold. That and the fact that this is a double LP is how I explain it. It is around the same price as Alkaline Trio "Remains"

i must be missing something with this band... i get bored 4 songs into boys and girls and the earlier albums are rockin, but it just sounds like the singer is just shouting out phrases. that gets kind of annoying.

i've tried but i dont know if i can get into them.

The phrases that he is shouting out are extremely witty and entertaining. He's probably my favorite lyricist at the moment. That being said, I think he sings more on the new album and the songs are a little more catchy, but the lyrics aren't quite as good.