Nu-metal bands that didn't suck (controversy!)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snot according to wiki and hed(pe).

i have been listening to fear factory since i was like 12 or 13 so they dont seem nu-metal to me...if anything they paved the road. shit i remember stealing fear factory and sepultura cds from the library. i think my first 3 cds where fear factory, sepultura and meatloaf.

Deftones (first 3 albums especially)

Slipknot(wasn't really feeling the 3rd album save for the singles, but I dig their visuals.)

I still back the first 2 Korn albums, although it's been straight downhill since then.

Incubus, right up until Brandon embraced his dreaminess and decided to put "ooooh oh ooooooh ooooooooooooh" in every song and be shirtless always. Dreads and shitty mustache FTW!

wow. this is the worst thread ever.

I know man. Not all of us were lucky enough to come out of the womb listening to music that is social acceptable to the best of all of us. Some of us had to discover music by trial and error, and haven't gotten to the point in our lives yet that we're comfortable writing records out of our history just because they aren't cool.

wow. this is the worst thread ever.

I know man. Not all of us were lucky enough to come out of the womb listening to music that is social acceptable to the best of all of us. Some of us had to discover music by trial and error, and haven't gotten to the point in our lives yet that we're comfortable writing records out of our history just because they aren't cool.

Well-said.

slipknot totally deserves more credit than they get

granted they gained exposure at first by wearing masks, but they wrote some brutal great metal(self titled and iowa most notably)

system of a down is/was genius

and although im not sure if it still holds up(havent listened in years), those old korn records were pretty groundbreaking at the time