What's the most you ever spent on a record?

Most I ever spent was $56 on the My Bloody Valentine "You Made Me Realize" EP. I normally wouldn't spend that much, but it's one of the single greatest EPs ever and probably the band's best release. Others that have come close are "Almost Killed Me" by the Hold Steady, "Bryter Later" by Nick Drake, a mint first pressing of "Hard Days Night" by the Beatles, and "The Fabulous Wailers," by, um, the Wailers.

What about you guys?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Apathy on green for whatever Fat was chargin at the time for new vinyl. $8?

me and the lady did the same for oh calcutta - i really ought to use the koozie

man, i ordered that but fat lost my order so I never got one. and by the time they caught it and had me re-order, it was too late. Weak.

Not sure of the ecaxt amounts...

2 Minus the Bear - Planet of Ice test press & Interpretacions del Oso test press...for a combined total of $600+

There is a single record that I've paid about $400 for...won't say what it is as it may be too obscure...or maybe not...Heather Frith (Nova) These Walls ep

brand new - your favorite weapon on black for $88

is that what this typically goes for?

i have no idea.. all i knew is that i really wanted it and i saw other auctions ending over $100+ at the time.. i don't remember the colors of those ones though and i didn't have an idea of pressing info at the time either..

NOTE: bookmarking thread so i can show my wife.........see other people have more of a spending problem then me.

we have an agreement as of right now. 60 bucks a month for records. unless its misfits.

edit- i think i just made my wife look shitty. she really is cool and loves what i do. she just wants to pay off bills or something. what the fuck is that all about.