What's the most you ever spent on a record?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$100 for Cap'n Jazz's Burritos, inspiration point, fork balloon sports, cards in the spokes, automatic biographies, kites, kung fu, trophies, banana[AKA Shmap'n Shmazz] at a local used shop last year.

[image]

If that record was right in front of me I would've done the same thing.

It was that or Reinventing Axl Rose on red 1st press for $40, and I didn't have enough money for both.

[image]

• 2 weeks later...

- $214.99 ppd for Boris "Smile" Diwphalanx press /500 (one of the first few copies sold on ebay)

- $210.99 ppd for Boris "Vein" (both versions)

- $120.99 ppd for Boris "Smile" Diwphalanx press /500 (still sealed...had to bring my average cost down, as my first copy was the first time I ever spent so much on a record, let alone a NEW one... ::))

- $101.00 ppd for Boris "Dronevil" on black...a little too much, but hey, it happens.

Also:

- $154.99 ppd for Sigur Ros 7xLP box set

...and the moral of the story...damn you Boris!! :P

$122.00 PPD: Fall Out Boy Take This To Your Grave (Black)

$100.00 PPD: Fall Out Boy Take This To Your Grave (Test Pressing) (I had to sell this to pay for the cost of moving all my shit from CT to NJ...still makes me sad i no longer own it, but it is in a good home with someone who's doing a FOB collection)

About 15 years ago I paid $75 for a copy of SS Decontrol's "The Kids Will Have Their Say". At the time I felt sick to my stomach about it and wondered if I was insane. I sold it for $150 years later during a time I was trying to finance guitar gear. Now it's worth double that and I paid more than that for records that meant less to me.