What's the most you ever spent on a record?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75 bucks - remembering never-god save us test press from mean pete but he included 4 of the other colors with it so 5 records for 75 is not that bad. 35 bucks jawbreaker-chesterfield king LP. 30 bucks jawbreaker/crimpshrine 7". 25 bucks jawbreaker-whack and blite black vinyl.

i won the warriors-family matters test press for 10 bucks and got 2 other 7"s with it a few months ago.

all of these are ebay.

I have paid between 50-150 for alot of things and to be honest haven't really thought twice about it, yeh i might be broke for the next week but its better than blowing all my cash on booze or drugs (which i also have a bad habit of doing) at least i have something to show for it and i suppose you could say an 'Investment' of sorts

Say if i ever come upon hard times i wont just have a ruined liver, but something people would actually want to give me money for.

Anyway enough rambling the highest i've gone so far is something like $236 for my Strung Out - Twisted By Design Test Press

My girlfriend bought me a copy of the Norma Jean/mewithoutYou 7" split from eBay for over $80, she thinks she did a nice thing for me but she got fucking ripped off, and the worst part was I was looking forward to going to the Safari Park for my birthday with that money, but she couldn't afford it after that

wow, i didn't even know that existed

yeah, i had heard rumors but thought they never happened.. i have since found 2 more (paid $30/each), and apparently there is at least one more.

there are also 2 Cringer demo LPs (each limited to 30) I would kill for..

There were definitely 4 J Church live - all out of 20, and Lance was in the process of pressing 2 more before he died (I'd paid for those). I have the other 4. He was planning a few more too - the same number as he'd previously put out on CDR, but obviously he didn't get to those.

Would love the Cringer demos aswell - missed out on them - never seen them on ebay either. I would love to get hold of those.