The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers galore!)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

start a watchmen thread for that.

I think the Joker was quite the strong character. Quite a few innocents died and in his meeting with the police sergeant he does imply he cut up cops. he also runs amok with no concern for innocents. that whole driving scene comes to mind.

yeah, like when Batman flipped the Semi and the Joker was walking down the road just firing his machine gun at oncoming cars.

I would say the Jokers body count in this would be pretty high....

I guess my whole point is that the Joker was PG-13. Based on the Batman I have read (which is by no means a ton, but more than 99.9% of the people seeing this movie) the joker is an R rated character. The speech and mannerisms were great, but it came up short in the horrific and gruesome side of the joker that I love. There was tons of killing implied, but shooting cars and henchmen just aren't on the level as killing babies and priests.

I don't want to come off as a downer. I think this movie was awesome. It's a 9/10 to me. I figured everyone else had talked about the great aspects of the movie so I brought up the one point that for me kept this from being a 10/10.

i guess they could make the riddler creepy, as long as they out do the horrible jim carrey job, but it would still be cool to see somebody who hasnt been in any of the other movies

Jim Carrey fit what those movies were well I thought. He did blow-up a bunch of stuff, the batcave included.

yeah because they were intended for children i guess. i just think theres been a pretty crazy precident set with both movies and i dont know if the riddler is "badass" enough to carry the torch

[image]

I agree about The Riddler; I think he's the only feasible Bat-villain that could be done in a semi-realistic light

i think a lot of people are thinking only of the really popular villains (the ones that were in Tim Burton's films...),

because there are so many more that could be done 'realistic'.

I agree about The Riddler; I think he's the only feasible Bat-villain that could be done in a semi-realistic light, although it would be totally cool to see Nolan's spin on Mr. Freeze.

If we're talking A list bat villan then yes. However, Theres a couple of B-listers who could be cool.

Mad Hatter

Victor Zsasz

either of those would be a surprise and could have some cool stuff done with them.

i just did my homework on zsasz and he could be such an awesome character. he could bring a different type of psychotic to the series and make even two-face look like a elementary teacher

Didn't notice this before...

Batman Begins

Most likely due to the nature of his crimes, Zsasz does not appear in any of the Batman cartoons. He does, however, appear as a minor character in the 2005 film Batman Begins and is portrayed by the vocalist of British band James, Tim Booth.[5] In the movie, Assistant District Attorney Rachel Dawes states that Zsasz butchers people for the mob, implying that he is a hitman instead of a serial killer. He is sent to Arkham Asylum along with many assassins who work for Mob boss Carmine Falcone due to the testimony of Dr. Jonathan Crane (aka the Scarecrow). However, when he is let loose from the asylum during Ra's Al Ghul's attack on Gotham, he looks away from the camera and there are clear tally marks on his neck. Later, Zsasz, along with other inmates under the influence of the fear toxin, attempts to kill Dawes. Batman then saves her, and it is not shown whether or not he is recaptured by the police by the end of the film. The character does not appear in The Dark Knight.

I agree about The Riddler; I think he's the only feasible Bat-villain that could be done in a semi-realistic light, although it would be totally cool to see Nolan's spin on Mr. Freeze.

If we're talking A list bat villan then yes. However, Theres a couple of B-listers who could be cool.

Mad Hatter

Victor Zsasz

either of those would be a surprise and could have some cool stuff done with them.

Yeah, but the studio would never allow a b-lister as the main villain. That's why I only mentioned "top-tier" characters.

Mad Hatter

Victor Zsasz

Yeah, but the studio would never allow a b-lister as the main villain. That's why I only mentioned "top-tier" characters.

after all the money DK makes, nolan can probably do whatever he wants....

i know what you mean ronnie, but if they pick zsasz or any other "b list" villain they will instantly become an a-list villain... just the exposure of the trailers will be enough to get people to care about them. also they arent marketing these movies through toy form at macdonalds anymore. we wont find any heath ledger joker toys at supermarkets and fast food places, so the marketing unintentionally only effects super dorks like ourselves and fat guys with beards (also like pretty much everybody on here)