The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers galore!)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i, like everybody else, loved this movie. there was one thing i jsut thought was stupid. it's just kind of retarded and unrealistic that a city would have a huge, outside memorial for police chief (or whatever he was) when there is a terrorist threat on the mayor and a known city judge. when that part was happeneing i just kind of thought to myself, "why would this ever happen? They have all these policemen asll ready in buildings with snipers and everything, expecting a terrorist attack..so why the hell are they having this huge memorial in the middle of the fucking city?"

i dunno, im aware that it had to happen to continue the movie, and it was a great scene, it just kinda bugged me.

After reading that article I have a few thoughts...

I think Cat-Woman is very plausible. After the death of Rachel the series is missing a main female character. Even though Bruce has his way w/ thousands of other women, it's very rare that a Hollywood movie, especially of this caliber gets a pass w/out a love interest -- gotta get those gfs to buy tickets too.

With the Spiderman series (does anyone even care after 3?) setup to have the Lizard I think the Batman series would pass on the Killer Croc which would be too similar.

If the writers could handle the Riddler in the same aspect that they did w/ the Joker then he could be a great character.

i really hope they stay as far away as possible from catwoman, especially as any sort of love interest. to me, that just goes far too close to what burton did in returns. besides, hollywood pretty much destroyed that character by giving it its own movie. and id prefer them to stay away from the monster characters (ie. killer croc, etc.). to me that just doesnt seem like it fits.

i still say theres so much they could do with the riddler. i think crispin glover would be a great riddler. he doesnt, and i dont think he would be if nolan used him, have to be a guy running around in green tights or should bear any resemblance to jim carrys version. someone had mentioned the riddler was too much of a 60s character or whatever, but so was the joker and look at what they did there.

penguin i still say could work but id be surprised if he was actually included. but i agree, philip seymour hoffman would rule as the penguin.

i dont think two face is as case closed as some people think. id welcome the character back.

chances are no matter what anyone says, we'll probably get it wrong and its hard for anyone at this point to go against what nolan may do with a 3rd one.

I think they could pull off the penguin as not quite the penguin-looking person like they did with devito, more some of normal height that was slightly disfigured. Something like a hunch-back type. I dunno, seems like the penguin could be pulled off without any over-the-top make-up much like the joker.

I'd be hesitant of the Riddler only because his character is similar to the Joker. Not different enough if you ask me.

the joker is just completely insane, there's method to the riddler's madness. also, he's ocd thus the calling card. but i think the main difference between the two that would make riddler interesting is the fact that, as i said, there's method to his madness.

You don't think there was method to the Joker's madness? His goal: ruin Harvey Dent so that Gotham would no longer have any hope. Listen to his speech at the end about bringing him down to "their" level again and you'll see that while he may appear to have no reason to his actions, but every single thing he did in that movie was planned out and he proved to be a criminal genius. He wants to create anarchy, and his plan almost worked.

I also don't think introducing a new villain for the finale of a trilogy would work as well as bringing someone like Ra's or Two-Face back. They spent so much time building Harvey's character that it would be a shame to let it end like that.

If they use the Riddler though, Hugh Laurie would be my choice as well.