The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers galore!)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder Batman chose to save Dent.

I was under the impression that Joker switched the locations around when he said them. I could have sworn Batman said he was going for her.

Yeah, the Joker purposely told Batman the wrong location for Rachel because he already knew he would go for her. The Joker's plan all along was to create Two-Face (or at the very least turn Harvey evil).

Two-Face will obviously be the villain in the next movie.

P-Fresh and I just got home from seeing a near-midnight showing of this. Holy fucking shit it ruled. Every time the Joker came onscreen, I found myself looking for Heath Ledger, and I physically and mentally could not see him. An unbelievably brilliant role. The scene where he left the hospital was just fantastically wicked. Rest in fuckin' peace, Heath. You were magnificent.

Two-Face looked totally awesome, too. Kudos to the makeup department for that.

Two-Face will obviously be the villain in the next movie.

I know it was 4:00 AM by the time my movie ended, so if I'm wrong, pardon me, but didn't Two-Face die?

Two-Face "died" is all i know, just like Gordon "died". not saying they didn't, but maybe another cover-up?

either way, i didn't notice if joker gave wrong locations, maybe another viewing is necessary

Yeah, the Joker certainly gave switch up locations. He switched the addresses knowing full well that Batman was going to go for Rachael, and instead, he showed up and found Harvey.

By the way, did ANYONE see that coming? When Rachel died, I was totally floored. Completely out of left-field for me.

i've been under the impression that dent was dead. 1) that's a fucking long way to fall - much longer than the fall maroni suffered 2) he HAS to be weakened immensely even before the fall - the degree of his burns is begging for infections. he doesn't have an eyelid for christ's sake! 3) why would gordon/batman allow dent, if alive, to get up and dust himself off after the shit he pulled torturing the family?

I know it was 4:00 AM by the time my movie ended, so if I'm wrong, pardon me, but didn't Two-Face die?

Two-Face "died" is all i know, just like Gordon "died". not saying they didn't, but maybe another cover-up?

either way, i didn't notice if joker gave wrong locations, maybe another viewing is necessary

when the joker gives the addresses of their whereabouts, gordon asks batman who he's going for. he says rachel, gordon says something to the effect of 'alright, let's go get dent'. then we see batman saving dent - obviously he went to the wrong place.

3) why would gordon/batman allow dent, if alive, to get up and dust himself off after the shit he pulled torturing the family?

It wouldn't be that they let him live, they would've made the city of Gotham believe that their "white knight" died in the line of duty, so that they didn't know about his "evil" side, and they would've locked him up in Arkham Asylum, where all of Batman's enemies have spent a least a small amount of time.

It goes back to Dent saying "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villian."

3) why would gordon/batman allow dent, if alive, to get up and dust himself off after the shit he pulled torturing the family?

It wouldn't be that they let him live, they would've made the city of Gotham believe that their "white knight" died in the line of duty, so that they didn't know about his "evil" side, and they would've locked him up in Arkham Asylum, where all of Batman's enemies have spent a least a small amount of time.

It goes back to Dent saying "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villian."

yeah i understand that now. so then i suppose if they do make a third movie - we see dent in arkham?

also, as for reasoning to support the argument that he's alive - when maroni fell, he said something like 'anyone could survive a fall this far'. that HAD to be some kind of hint or something foreshadowing that dent could have survived the fall? i don't know - i thought that was a long way to go compared to the maroni fall, where it was only a story or two.

yeah i understand that now. so then i suppose if they do make a third movie - we see dent in arkham?

also, as for reasoning to support the argument that he's alive - when maroni fell, he said something like 'anyone could survive a fall this far'. that HAD to be some kind of hint or something foreshadowing that dent could have survived the fall? i don't know - i thought that was a long way to go compared to the maroni fall, where it was only a story or two.

no, i think they're gonna let Dent stay dead...

What if they had originally planned to have Dent die at the end of the movie but then re-cut it to hint that he may have lived after Heath Ledger (and thus, the Joker) died? I mean obviously the Joker lives in the movie and would be the perfect foil for the next film but I really don't see them getting someone else to play Ledger's role, do you? I wouldn't be surprised if they made a last-minute edit to allow for the possibility of Two-Face's return, if that ends up being the direction they want to go in.

What if they had originally planned to have Dent die at the end of the movie but then re-cut it to hint that he may have lived after Heath Ledger (and thus, the Joker) died? I mean obviously the Joker lives in the movie and would be the perfect foil for the next film but I really don't see them getting someone else to play Ledger's role, do you? I wouldn't be surprised if they made a last-minute edit to allow for the possibility of Two-Face's return, if that ends up being the direction they want to go in.

this is a good point too...but I'm still holding out for the third movie to be a minor villain and Ra's Al Ghul returning...and they do some mystical shit with the Lazarus Pit, etc...that or draw in Azrael, or maybe a Robin.

i like that way of thinking. when i saw that the joker lived on at the end of the movie, i had the idea that perhaps (if they decide to continue and do a third film) that while the people of gotham are changing and making an effort to do good, the joker still exists though we never SEE him but there's often mention OF him and perhaps the dent/two-face transformation continues.

this is a good point too...but I'm still holding out for the third movie to be a minor villain and Ra's Al Ghul returning...and they do some mystical shit with the Lazarus Pit, etc...that or draw in Azrael, or maybe a Robin.

Christian Bale has refused to be in a movie with the Robin character...

i dont want to see another joker.

Agreed.

Although I think he'll still exist in the 3rd movie, just without ever seeing him. (Although there could be a few cut scenes from this film that could go into the next one too, I suppose.)

yeah I think it'd be interesting to have the joker be a looming threat just outside the reach of Batman...like he's always showing up too late to find him(not in a comical way)...but he's doing shit and they can maybe use stock footage and have talking but you never see him...

Guest scriptedrain

I think Harvey Dent is dead. He was already mangled and tortured, that fall was the final blow for a man gone mad.