The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers galore!)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Batman voice was very annoying, and yeah, it's definitely because he talked a lot more. But shit, he has some experience now, you think he'd find a nice medium tone that isn't so grating.

My main complaint is that somehow they made the Batman suit look WORSE since the last movie. I guess it's certainly more functional having the cowl just be a helmet or whatever separate from the suit, but it looks pretty weird around the head and shoulders. It looks like one of the bad action figure versions of the Batman suit they used to put out all the time in the late 90s. I think the best suit was the first one Michael Keaton wore. It wasn't too bad in Batman Begins, but it really looked stupid in this one.

Overall though, good times. 6 AM show was funny. Some guy offered us $60 each for our tickets outside. If I had that offer, say, the day before, I'd certainly have considered it, but by the time I got up, picked people up and drove down there at 5:30 in the morning and already paid $23 to park at Navy Pier, there was no way in hell I wasn't going to just see the movie. What's really weird is the fact that EVERY show for the next week is sold out, yet the very last row of the theater (which has actually the best view probably) was half empty. Very odd.

I does indeed sadden me that Ledger is not around anymore, because it sets up a chance for us to see him again in the future movies.

One would assume Dent died, but who the fuck knows? They wanted people to remember the Dent they loved, and not Two-Face, so having a funeral instead of a crazy-looking dude wandering around would do the trick.

I love Christian Bale, but the voice thing got to me a little bit. If (when) they make a third, I do hope he's able to kick a little more ass.

i just got back from IMAX this morning. and holy goddamn shit. it was amazing. my only complaint was the sonar eyes that he got towards the end. a little... gah. but jesus christ, at the end of the movie, everything came undone, but it was undone beautifully, in the most violent and psychologically fucked up kind of way.

One would assume Dent died, but who the fuck knows? They wanted people to remember the Dent they loved, and not Two-Face, so having a funeral instead of a crazy-looking dude wandering around would do the trick.

this is what my friend thought, and it pretty much convinced me, too. even scarecrow (cillian murphy) came back for a cameo.

heath ledger is an incredible actor. absolutely incredible. you don't see ledger. you see the joker. he seriously gave me chills.

Just saw it.

HOLY-FUCKING-SHIT.

Wow.

Ummm...

Wow.

Seriously though... the movie was amazingly good. I really liked how dark and fucked up the whole thing was. The script was awesome, all the acting was top notch, and it was shot beautifully.

The best part is I bought tickets about a 1/2 hour before the show and had great seats. The even better part is it got me out of seeing Mamma Mia. Phew.

went for round 2 tonight.

Still a total joy to watch even the second time through.

I'm not convinced Dent is dead. I think they gave Gotham a memorial for Harvey so that the people of gotham wouldn't lose hope, apon seeing their "white knight" horribly disfigured,

It's sort of a rule of comic books (and comic book movies), unless it's made VERY plain that the person is completely dead chances are they're not dead. I mean, just look at how vauge Jim Gordon's "death" was earlier in the film.

I DID remember to look out for skeeb, but I didn't see him at all. Maybe that was just one of those rumors.

and hey, last I checked the users over at IMDB had it rated as the 4th greatest film of all time. haha.

I'm not convinced Dent is dead. I think they gave Gotham a memorial for Harvey so that the people of gotham wouldn't lose hope, apon seeing their "white knight" horribly disfigured,

It's sort of a rule of comic books (and comic book movies), unless it's made VERY plain that the person is completely dead chances are they're not dead. I mean, just look at how vauge Jim Gordon's "death" was earlier in the film.

That's exactly what I was saying...but of course, you phrased it far better than I did.

went for round 2 tonight.

Still a total joy to watch even the second time through.

I DID remember to look out for skeeb, but I didn't see him at all. Maybe that was just one of those rumors.

and hey, last I checked the users over at IMDB had it rated as the 4th greatest film of all time. haha.

It's now ranked 3rd.

^^ they would have to find a more enigmatic character for the riddler. that guy was a puss.

and holy goddamn fuck. That was so good. saw it yesterday and it was so damn good. Same thing everyone has been saying about ledger, I wish he was still around because he killed it. And that magic trick was the best.

can't wait to see it again.

went last night at 12.

2nd best batman movie ever.

Joker was gold.

The whole underground makeshift bat cave was kinda a let down. i always really enjoy the batcave.

And will the Batmobile ever come back or is batman destine to ride around in a tank forever.

Best scene of the movie was the hospital scene hands down