The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers galore!)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this movie was insanely good. i was kinda glad they killed off the girl. she was nothing but trouble. but how much longer do you think they're gonna stretch this series out?

i saw 2 more

I read in Entertainment Weekly that Bale is contracted for three (So, Begins, TDK and one more). Nolan was only contracted for two, but I can't imagine he would turn this franchise over to someone else and let it get fucked up

How many of the villains do you think can be done in a realistic and serious way? The Joker can easily be a psycho in the real world. The Scarecrow was a person gone crazy. The Riddler can be realistic. Killer Croc? Notsomuch. The Penguin can be done, but I'm not convinced it could be done well in this dark, serious series.

The thing I like about the 1989 Batman and the first two of this one is the potential for the plot to actually happen. I normally don't like superhero comic book movies because I like realistic plots, and these are all normal people. Once superpowers or freakishly unrealistic deformities show up, I get turned off and uninterested. Batman is just a dude with a lot of gadgets. The Joker is just a criminal mastermind. Some of the other characters get too close to that fantasy element for me.

How many of the villains do you think can be done in a realistic and serious way? The Joker can easily be a psycho in the real world. The Scarecrow was a person gone crazy. The Riddler can be realistic. Killer Croc? Notsomuch. The Penguin can be done, but I'm not convinced it could be done well in this dark, serious series.

The thing I like about the 1989 Batman and the first two of this one is the potential for the plot to actually happen. I normally don't like superhero comic book movies because I like realistic plots, and these are all normal people. Once superpowers or freakishly unrealistic deformities show up, I get turned off and uninterested. Batman is just a dude with a lot of gadgets. The Joker is just a criminal mastermind. Some of the other characters get too close to that fantasy element for me.

I agree, I think Danny Devito was the perfect and scary as all get out Penguin...so I think they should stay away from him, the Riddler would be interesting, but I can see the third movie being Ra's Al Ghul's return. He is "immortal" in a sense...so anybody that thinks he died in the train crash in Batman Begins is fucking crazy and doesn't understand comic book logic.

The Penguin can be done, but I'm not convinced it could be done well in this dark, serious series.

nolan said somewheres that he would never do the Penguin because he doesnt know how to make him seem plausible. I dont know where the actual interview is, but that little tidbit is listed under the "trivia" shit on the Dark Knights IMDB page.

I was talking with some dudes and I think Catwomen could be done, but, I dont know. Everytime you bring Catwomen into the picture, there is always the Bruce Wayne/Selena Kyle/Batman/Catwomen love thing going on, and that would bum me out in these new films.

Won't happen. As much as I'd like to see another movie in the series, I really doubt it will happen.

I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't another sequel. They're making such an obscene amount of money on this one already, I'm sure they'll have enough to bring everybody back, Bale included.