Cool article on record pressing / UNITED

I didn't get all the way through yet, so hopefully they don't advocate punching ostriches on the last page. Ha.

I just blew snot.

I would love to have a handful of the pellets in a jar. Var (or anyone), I know I've asked Matt before but where are the NI! records pressed at? I wanna see that process. Especially for splits, splatters and puked up pizza and such.

Anyone catch the No Idea record hanging on this wall? (At least I'm fairly sure it is - Looks a hell of a lot like the stressface logo to me.)

http://news.cnet.com/2300-13576_3-6242563-7.html?tag=ne.gall.pg

It certainly looks like the No Idea logo to me...I was actually going to post that and then as Var if he can run a contest where whoever guesses what record it is wins a No Idea gift certificate or something.

EDIT: Though I wonder now if Var even knows what record that is.

Anyone catch the No Idea record hanging on this wall? (At least I'm fairly sure it is - Looks a hell of a lot like the stressface logo to me.)

http://news.cnet.com/2300-13576_3-6242563-7.html?tag=ne.gall.pg

I was just about to post that too. It's a copy of This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb - Dance Party With... 10" on gold.

Look at the top right...there's a copy of Chuck Ragan - Feast or Famine too. :D

I didn't get all the way through yet, so hopefully they don't advocate punching ostriches on the last page. Ha.

I just blew snot.

I would love to have a handful of the pellets in a jar. Var (or anyone), I know I've asked Matt before but where are the NI! records pressed at? I wanna see that process. Especially for splits, splatters and puked up pizza and such.

90% pressed at United, 10% Musicol. At one point Erika was 100%, but we only do maybe 2 titles a year there now. Sure to do more in the future. They are in California. We are in Florida. The shipping is too high and we lose a week. At a point after Erika, it was 90% pressed at Alpha, but they are at 0% right now. They might have a comeback. Time will tell. Only pressed one record each at Bill Smith (in 1987), GZ (FHH "not revenge"), and RTI (Schlong/OEO split). We also used one or two plants in the early 90's that closed long ago.

We print our record labels 80% at Hamlett and 20% at Imprint. Sometimes more like 95% at Hamlett. We print our LP Jackets at Ross Ellis. Most inserts and 7" print and posters are printed at Imprint. Sometimes at local photocopy places. We do 100% of our screen printed stuff (shirts, record covers, etc) at Aesthetic Print and Design. Vinyl stickers at Contagious Graphics (who once did all of our shirts too).

We master all of our records with Michael Sarsfield at REM Sound (used to be at Frankford/Wayne). Meaning he cuts the lacquers.

Derron Nuhfer at Sarlacc masters most of our stuff (records some of it too). Meaning, he takes our mixes and spanks them, creates correct CD masters to mail to the plants that will actually play, etc. Ha.

We do some of our plating at Mastercraft in NJ.

What the hell else do you want to know, haha!?!

-- If you talk to any of these people, tell them you got their contact info from us.

Var, who did your covers when you did the HWM/Tomorrow split? Still one of the nicest layouts I've ever seen.

Speaking of layouts, did you have anything to do with Bacteria Sour when that was still a real label?

Dorado press. They rule. They are in California. I highly recommend them as well. They did all of our jackets early on. We still use them here and there. Top quality.

Nope, other than being signed up for the 7" club. Some of that Bac.Sour stuff is insane. I like the more recent Pushead vinyl toys too.

Nope, other than being signed up for the 7" club. Some of that Bac.Sour stuff is insane. I like the more recent Pushead vinyl toys too.

Oh... the 7" club. I signed up for both parts of Phase San 9 years (!!!) ago, and have yet to receive a single one. :'(

I always thought the same thing. I think it never happened. Maybe we'll all be surprised someday?

I mean, if I got a pile of Pushead records tomorrow, I sure wouldn't mind that it had been a decade, haha! But speaking from experience, the instant someone signs up for a singles club, they move with no forwarding address. Without fail. So his list is WAAAAY out of date, haha!