No Idea to start inserting download codes into LPs

You are not very observant, are you? Hahaha.

nope. not at all. just haven't checked the site in a bit. good to see!

They snuck them in on us. They just showed up in a box a couple months back and we were like, what? Huh? They look cool as hell with a translucent record spinning. Otherwise, I think slip mats are kinda weird. What purpose do they serve? (I am not being facetious here.) I'm not back-spinning or whatnot. They also require the removal of the rubber mat that WAS on my turntable, or else the tone arm scratches my records when it lifts up and returns. Ugh! Always hated that sound! They look cool as heck though. Neat stuff.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACT: NONE of you can tell the difference between 160 and 192

I import everything at 96 and I swear, I did the comparison, maybe because I have always had an issue with high tones (hence always turning up the treble on cassettes I'd dub for friends) and comparing from 160 and 128 THEN also at 96, I cannot tell a friggin difference. Still sounds fine to me and i still can rock out to it. Although King Diamond hasn't been hitting those highs as of late. Hmmm.

Very happy to have the download coupon available for some things possibly. I will still buy the CD though just cause.

On another note, I wish there was some NI! cassettes. That collection has been building as well. Found an original NUFAN - Daily Grind on FAT a few months back along with some Gang Green, No Mercy and Token Entry for 3 for $1. I went apeshit.

On another note, I wish there was some NI! cassettes. That collection has been building as well. Found an original NUFAN - Daily Grind on FAT a few months back along with some Gang Green, No Mercy and Token Entry for 3 for $1. I went apeshit.

I like tapes as well. I've got a pretty nice rack full of them.

I know there was a bootleg Reinventing Axl Rose + Disco cassette tape, but don't have a copy.

FACT: NONE of you can tell the difference between 160 and 192

I import everything at 96 and I swear, I did the comparison, maybe because I have always had an issue with high tones (hence always turning up the treble on cassettes I'd dub for friends) and comparing from 160 and 128 THEN also at 96, I cannot tell a friggin difference. Still sounds fine to me and i still can rock out to it. Although King Diamond hasn't been hitting those highs as of late. Hmmm.

Very happy to have the download coupon available for some things possibly. I will still buy the CD though just cause.

96?!? That's crazy, son. I can always tell the difference between 128, 160, and 192. After that, you're splitting hairs. I'm glad more labels are starting this (even if "unofficially").

I know there was a bootleg Reinventing Axl Rose + Disco cassette tape, but don't have a copy.

There was a legit cassette release from Poland or Czech, I forget. I have a copy from 2003 or whenever it came out. That was legit though. I forget the label. It was well done. Offset printed covers. Nice stuff, if you like tapes.

There was a legit cassette release from Poland or Czech, I forget. I have a copy from 2003 or whenever it came out. That was legit though. I forget the label. It was well done. Offset printed covers. Nice stuff, if you like tapes.

I'll give you my first-born for it.

I'll give you my first-born for it.

I believe Var already has two kids, that's almost a dis-service offering him a third...and not one of his own at that.

160kbps is unacceptable. I was pissed when I got that for the LaGrecia record, then I had to re-download it from a torrent site.

Labels should always just offer 320kbps. It's not that hard. 256 would also be alright, and 192 at the absolute lowest bitrate.

Sounds like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Consider the way the larger files would bog down a server. Could be a big problem for a lot of sites.

I want to buy a slipmat but it's saying it will cost $15 to ship it to me in England. That can't be right, can it?

As with most things, rounding and estimating is necessary for a postage calculator thingy. Drop Matt a line and he can probably see if there is an alternate route, like NOT shipping in an LP Box. Probably noone tried to order a matt by itself before. Probably would not cost extra to ship if you were already getting an LP, for example.

160 is good, but it's no 192 (awaits countless posts about how no one can tell the difference anyways)...

anyhow, this is kind of ironic as i just spent like $25 including shipping on both the off with their heads and bridge and tunnel pre-orders so that i could get copies of both the LP's and the cd's...

No one can tell the difference anyways