No Idea to start inserting download codes into LPs

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Var, when's that J Church 2CD Collection coming out? It's been on yoyr coming soon list for....ever.

Cheers

i'm sure there's some details to work out with Lance being passed, but my 2 cents: re-release these 2 full lengths separately, the way they originally were. then a 3rd CD for analysis + extras.

i also need to get some stuff from whoever is taking over the honeybear mailorder, whenever that happens..

160kbps is unacceptable. I was pissed when I got that for the LaGrecia record, then I had to re-download it from a torrent site.

Labels should always just offer 320kbps. It's not that hard. 256 would also be alright, and 192 at the absolute lowest bitrate.

Sounds like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Consider the way the larger files would bog down a server. Could be a big problem for a lot of sites.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, I'm just an audio nerd. But if you go to a host like dreamhost, you get pretty much unlimited space and such a ridiculous amount of bandwidth, that it would be hard to get bogged down. I use them and it's only like $100/year. I suppose most people don't care about the bitrate quite as much though.

Hey Var, when's that J Church 2CD Collection coming out? It's been on yoyr coming soon list for....ever.

Cheers

i'm sure there's some details to work out with Lance being passed, but my 2 cents: re-release these 2 full lengths separately, the way they originally were. then a 3rd CD for analysis + extras.

i also need to get some stuff from whoever is taking over the honeybear mailorder, whenever that happens..

It's been on iTunes for a while. His art ideas changed a few times over the years, with me calling it and going with the original idea. The liner notes are funny. I wanted to let it sit for a while. I think it's feeling like time to come back to it. Doing a 2xCD with all of the Allied recordings just makes so much more sense that 3 separate CDs or even 2 separate CDs with bonus tracks. Doing it all as one is the way to go. It's a better deal.

Sounds like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Consider the way the larger files would bog down a server. Could be a big problem for a lot of sites.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, I'm just an audio nerd. But if you go to a host like dreamhost, you get pretty much unlimited space and such a ridiculous amount of bandwidth, that it would be hard to get bogged down. I use them and it's only like $100/year. I suppose most people don't care about the bitrate quite as much though.

If you care that much and are going to be piping your high bit-rate digital audio through a system allowing you to tell the difference than either

a) make your own MP3s from the LP itself or

B) listen to the record itself!

Either way, don't bitch, mention, complain, or at a label for providing a service that works for a mass majority of people who are listening to MP3s on their iPods with their stock earbuds.

I think a lot of people fail to realize when talking about this labels have to do what works not for a small, small minority of uber-anal people but for the mass majority of people who don't know or care to know better. The mass majority of people at the moment don't know bit-rate, don't know what it means, how it affects them, or why they should care.

This is awesome news. Also, what is the status of the Hour of the Wolf / Shook Ones split?

I think someone recorded or is going to record some songs eventually. Maybe some art? I think there is a plan of some kind, which probably changed over time and might change again. Now you are on the same page.

I can tell you that THE HOLY MOUNTAIN has no less than three split 7" records coming out before THE FEST 7, one of which is out now. And they have not played in over a year. Go figure! Oh, and the BRIDGE AND TUNNEL / YOUNG LIVERS split is at the plant. As is the RELIGIOUS AS FUCK / MEHKAGO N.T. split... oh, and the GHOST MICE / SAW WHEEL split . And probably 18 other splits.

-- How come there's no emoticon for poop? Cartoon poop is always funny and always emotive. It could be giggling. A giggling cartoon poop.

and the BRIDGE AND TUNNEL / YOUNG LIVERS split is at the plant.

Give me the low down, how hard will it be to keep my complete young livers collection in tact? just a couple of colors? Im already making trip to the upcoming 7" record release show. Sure hope i get to the No Idea Fest sale early this year so i can try to get my grubby hands on the test press.

and the BRIDGE AND TUNNEL / YOUNG LIVERS split is at the plant.

Give me the low down, how hard will it be to keep my complete collection in tact? just a couple of colors? Im already making trip to the upcoming 7" record release show. Sure hope i get to the No Idea Fest sale early this year so i can try to get my grubby hands on the test press.

No clue what the colors will be yet. Probably Grey, Purple, and Greyish-purpleish.

We don't have tests yet. YL just recorded, transcontinental style. B&T had to cut one song from the LP so that it would all fit on an LP. And this is that song. And I can't for the the life of you figure out how they decided, 'cause the song is very fine indeed. The YL track has the debut of Mike Carter (Glass and Ashes) on bass duties and some backup singing. Yes, YL is now 50% ex-G&A.

We will likely do the sale differently this year. More tents, and a "take-a-number" system. Then people can auction their place in line. Ha. No, really, it's so people can mill around and not have to BE in a line. They can hang around in a pile or something. Maybe we'll have some kiddie pools or something. Or maybe MORE BANDS playing. Just what everyone wants at a FEST: more bands. Maybe we'll have a bunch of hammocks. Wake you when it's your turn. Who farted?

sounds like a plan. i just lucked out and was able to grab The New Drop Era test last year. I got there really early and right when i was checking out i saw the infamous test press box being brought out. My shitty, blurry vision luckily made out the New drop written on the corner and was able to grab it. you guys taking credit cards was brilliant

sounds like a plan. i just lucked out and was able to grab The New Drop Era test last year. I got there really early and right when i was checking out i saw the infamous test press box being brought out. My shitty, blurry vision luckily made out the New drop written on the corner and was able to grab it. you guys taking credit cards was brilliant

this year we might take plasma too.

In general:

-- Would you pay $3 extra if a download coupon was throw in with the LP?

-- Would you pay $3 extra if a CD was thrown in the LP Jacket along with the record?

-- Would you pay $5 extra if the LP came with a fully packaged CD?

-- Do bears bear?

-- Do bees be?

-No

-Probably

-Yes

-Given the season, yes

-No

In general:

-- Would you pay $3 extra if a CD was thrown in the LP Jacket along with the record?

-- Do bears bear?

-- Do bees be?

Sorry, I should have added to that list:

-- Would you pay $3 extra if a bonus 7" was thrown in with the LP?

It's been on iTunes for a while. His art ideas changed a few times over the years, with me calling it and going with the original idea. The liner notes are funny. I wanted to let it sit for a while. I think it's feeling like time to come back to it. Doing a 2xCD with all of the Allied recordings just makes so much more sense that 3 separate CDs or even 2 separate CDs with bonus tracks. Doing it all as one is the way to go. It's a better deal.

Great news, though a nice vinyl package of the whole thing would be even better, especially if they're bonus songs thrown in.

Is anyone taking over Honeybear mail order? I paid for a pile of stuff about 4 months before Lance died, obviously I didn't get them...

-- Would you pay $3 extra if a download coupon was throw in with the LP? NO

-- Would you pay $3 extra if a CD was thrown in the LP Jacket along with the record? NO

-- Would you pay $5 extra if the LP came with a fully packaged CD? YES,

if that would be an optional order option....

-- Do bears bear?I guess it depends on the bear

-- Do bees be? ......well it could be......

In general:

-- Do bears bear?

-- Do bees be?

Sorry, I should have added to that list:

-- Would you pay $3 extra if a bonus 7" was thrown in with the LP?

maybe