Another Crazy week at VC Update

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Hi friends, I had an incredible weekend away from the office. Winter Park was beautiful and not dreadfully hot like it has been in Denver. We stayed at Justin (who works at VC)'s folks' condo and it was very nice. We got to relax and before coming back home, we took our son to the ski resort where we took him down the Alpine slide which was a blast. We also played Put Put which my 2 year old loved. It was just nice to breath the mountain air and get away from cell phones and computers. If you haven't done that in a while, I highly recommend you do so. When we got back to town, we got to see Chad Price and Rocky Votolato play a really great show. I made a post on the Suburban Home site with video footage of Chad playing "Medicine (http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/2008/07/21/chad-price-medicine-video-youtube/.) It was a fun night and just a really great weekend. Yesterday, Rocky stopped by our office to pick up some vinyl and I got him to sign a copy of "Suicide Medicine" and took a photo of him for our visitors section which I will post in a second.

Not that I would expect anything else, but this week will be another crazy week at VC, here is a brief list of things to expect:

* We received the inserts for LaGrecia "On Parallels" and have our friend Josh from Sleeperhorse helping pack all the orders. We should be able to get all of the orders today because of the help. The above photo is of Justin with 2 big bags of peanuts to help with the packing of the LaGrecia deluxe sets.

* Expect an email from us today or tomorrow asking for your shirt sizes for the Gaslight Anthem 59 sound and for the Lawrence Arms' deluxe sets. Please get back to us right away.

* We also received Every Time I Die's repress of "The Big Dirty". I would guess that your pre-orders will go out tomorrow since we have so many orders today, but hopefully we can get them out today. I will post photos today though. As I had joked, we got the repress in before the initial pressing of "Last Night In Town", but I do have good news as tomorrow, there will be an end to my nightmare as we are expecting copies tomorrow. Just watch the UPS truck blow up in some weird accident on their way to our warehouse. Hopefully we will have copies tomorrow and will start sending orders out tomorrow as well.

* We also received the repress of Tim Barry's "Laurel St Demos" but we are still waiting on the silk-screened jackets which should arrive by week's end. The records look nice.

* I will be posting pre-orders today and tomorrow for the following records: Chris Clavin album on Crafty, 7"s from Dine Alone (Sleepercar, City and Colour, Black Lungs, and Empire Air), and the Mischief Brew records I spoke about late last week. I have test pressing contests for all of these, too!

* I might be posting the pre-order for the Kay Kay and His Weathered "Diggin" 7", too, just waiting for confirmation that we will have them by August 12th!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Guest Admin

toby said that I should have art any day now and when I do, i will send off all of the falcon stuff.

and this is a picture of justin. there are pictures of me here and there.

I also wanted to add that I have a shit load of rad restocks that I will be posting soon.

toby said that I should have art any day now and when I do, i will send off all of the falcon stuff.

I also wanted to add that I have a shit load of rad restocks that I will be posting soon.

Holy crap!

Does this mean everything is pressed etc. and the first release from the co-op could be any day now?

Guest Admin

Holy crap!

Does this mean everything is pressed etc. and the first release from the co-op could be any day now?

no, that is not what it means. I am waiting on art to print and will submit the entire job when I have that art.

Holy crap!

no, that is not what it means. I am waiting on art to print and will submit the entire job when I have that art.

Virgil... say I had a...Let's call it a bet, with another member regarding the first release. What would you say the odds are we could have it out by November?

Guest Admin

Virgil... say I had a...Let's call it a bet, with another member regarding the first release. What would you say the odds are we could have it out by November?

once I get art for the falcon, we will have it out by 4 to 5 weeks from now. so november is not a problem. And everyone else, I will put together an update this week about the coop. sorry it has been slow moving, but I am waiting on a lot of busy people who don't have the coop as their first priority. No dis to them, but I can only do so much until they give me the art.