Sushi - Yes or No

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a couple really good sushi places around me (helps living a mile from the beach I suppose). I'm a huge fan of the Philly Roles (cream cheese, salmon, cucumber). I suppose I really enjoy the white man sushi fancy roll deals more than the more true-to-form sushi. Whatever, its so damn good. I just stick to fish, no shellfish.

where do you start with sushi? anything to recommend? i've had a few of the non-seafood rolls out there, but i'd like to know more. what's considered "good"? if i'm to go out to a japanese restaurant, what do you look for in sushi? what should i order? i'm a fairly adventurous eater (the only thing i won't eat is puffer fish - having a high risk of dying while i'm eating because a shitty chef prepared it? no thanks :P) so rec away!

Start out simple with tuna and salmon. Either rolls or sashimi (slice of raw fish...most of the time on top of a ball of rice).

Agreed. I know a lot of the sushi places I go to will explain whats on the rolls where not obvious. Check out the ingredients and go for it. Eel sauce is great by the way, even though it might sound odd. If you're adventurous then you should be fine to try almost anything on a sushi menu.

Start out simple with tuna and salmon. Either rolls or sashimi (slice of raw fish...most of the time on top of a ball of rice).

Agreed. I know a lot of the sushi places I go to will explain whats on the rolls where not obvious. Check out the ingredients and go for it. Eel sauce is great by the way, even though it might sound odd. If you're adventurous then you should be fine to try almost anything on a sushi menu.

nice. thanks for the advice guys. the board has been absolutely perfect in giving me advice/recommendations lately! love it.