MLB Discussion

Guest adam526

Na, I've seen people do that before in person. It's not as hard as it looks but I'd like to see someone try it in the box and take a hack at a swing

These are pretty cool. Love the last one

Pretty sure there has only been 1 perfect game in the WS too

Yeah, Larsen's is the only no-no/perfect game in postseason history.

Good game tonite between the Halos and Dodgers. I have a feeling all 3 games this weekend are going to be like this.

Will be fun to watch the Weavers battle each other tomorrow.

Juan Rivera is on fire right now!!!

Yea I love that guy. Hes always played good when he gets time to play.

I have no idea how Fuentes is leading the AL in saves tho. That guy is fucking awful. He gets roped every time Ive seen him pitch. Dude makes me so nervous every time he comes in.

Looking forward to getting pretty drunk for this Weaver/Weaver match up right now and I like how its starting out.

stuff does not a good closer make. And he still gets strikeouts. He's probably the best pitcher in the Angels bullpen right now.

A pitchers stuff is what makes any pitcher good. I dont care how hard someone throws, if there isnt any movement and all they can do is throw hard, they will get hit. Plus Fuentes doesnt throw super hard. Hes got a decent fastball. He isnt a closer that just comes in and throws it by everyone tho. And saying hes the best pitcher in the Angels pen right now is like saying someone is the worlds tallest midget. Their bull pen has been a complete joke all year.

Good to see the Dodgers continue to roll, sorry it was at the expense of the Angels.

Eh it was a good series. All the games were close. I dont think any of them were more than a few runs difference. Dodgers have been hot all season and the Angels have been playing well lately and are back in first or tied or maybe half a game out or something so thats cool. They are still going to win the division.

When the fuck did Juan Pierre learn how to play baseball? Dude killed us yesterday.

His problem has never been hitting, its been on-base percentage. I just hope he stays hot and we can turn him in to a right-handed relief pitcher.

Rivera was pretty much playing short stop when Pierre hit that ball over his head. I know the guy has no power but you cant play him THAT close. That RBI hit and the inning where the Angels had bases loaded and no outs with Abreu up were the main things where the Angels lost the game. Abreu did the one thing he couldnt do in that situation. Hit a ground ball back to the pitcher. 123 double play and got the next guy out and the Dodgers got out of that with giving up no runs. He hits that ball ANYWHERE except the pitcher and they get at least 1 run that inning. Hell, even a strike out and they got bases loaded and 1 out. Abreu hasnt seemed to have done a whole lot at the plate this year. Pretty disappointing so far.

Abreu certainly didn't have a good at-bat but Kershaw owned him to that point in the game.

Yea Kershaw K'd him the first 2 times and got him to hit that shitty grounder back to him which was a huge play in the game. A base hit there makes it a whole different game. Oh well, it was a fun series. Weird tho that both times they played the "away" team won the series.

Now to go from the best team in baseball to possibly the hottest team in baseball....the Rockies. Hopefully we can get back on track and win this series, which Im sure you would like to see as well.

so dodgers fans, what happens when Manny comes back? Juan Pierre is so hot right now... think they'll package him up in a trade for another position player or another arm in the rotation/Pen?

During the game last nite they were talking about how they could move Kemp to right, Pierre to center and Manny will obviously be in left. Pierre is hot but do they really wanna take Ethier out of the line up? Ethier could play first too I guess but then Loney would be on the bench. Too many good players isnt the worst problem a team could have.

so dodgers fans, what happens when Manny comes back? Juan Pierre is so hot right now... think they'll package him up in a trade for another position player or another arm in the rotation/Pen?

During the game last nite they were talking about how they could move Kemp to right, Pierre to center and Manny will obviously be in left. Pierre is hot but do they really wanna take Ethier out of the line up? Ethier could play first too I guess but then Loney would be on the bench. Too many good players isnt the worst problem a team could have.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone got traded though... even if they bench Pierre there are teams out there who are in a position where they need a speedster like him. its almost a waste of talent to have him on the bench I think.