MLB Discussion

I guess Dan Patrick this morning said he knew of the Miami PED story a few months back, and more names will be released after the Super Bowl. Used the term "bombshell"

Calling one; Braun.

If I may quote myself

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-braun-s-name-listed-in-biogenesis-clinic-records-235650670.html

Braun statement

Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun just released this statement:

“During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples.

“There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list.

“I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch.

“I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter.”

Follow me on Twitter @AdamMcCalvy

It's fishy, but I guess it's plausible. It's just a little hard to believe that the lawyer hired him, he never used the doctor, but the clinic is located in the city where he played college ball.

The head of that clinic admitted to injecting A-Rod, he shouldn't have a problem commenting on Braun. 

It's fishy, but I guess it's plausible. It's just a little hard to believe that the lawyer hired him, he never used the doctor, but the clinic is located in the city where he played college ball.

The head of that clinic admitted to injecting A-Rod, he shouldn't have a problem commenting on Braun. 

It's plausible, but why is Francisco Cerveli on the list then?

I just think that if I was blowing the whistle on users and Braun didn't use, I'd just say "hey, I never gave him any drugs. I just advised his lawyers. He could be clean, could be dirty, not for me to say. But THESE guys..."

It'll all come out eventually. I'm reminded of the lengths that lancy pants went to to keep his name clean before admitting everything.

Always some sob story about how all evidence points to him being guilty is a misunderstanding. At this point be a man and own up to it Braun.

own up to what?  why should he own up to something that is false?  like biglebowski said, he's already guilty in the court of public opinion. 

own up to what?  why should he own up to something that is false?  like biglebowski said, he's already guilty in the court of public opinion. 

He is also guilty by a positive drug test that was thrown out because a procedural error that wasn't even an error. He doesn't even deny testing positive.

So when once again he is linked to it he comes up with some bs reason why.

He is also guilty by a positive drug test that was thrown out because a procedural error that wasn't even an error. He doesn't even deny testing positive.

Well he does claim to have never used steroids to the media. Have you seen stories surrounding his positive test that claim that he acted this way to the MLB behind closed doors you could post?

Mike, you may have hit this before but why do you love Milwaukee when it says you are in Pittsburgh? You use to live there?

my dad's family is from milwaukee, i lived in western PA my whole life, grew up in Edinboro, but I never associated myself with any PA sports team besides the Penguins, and mainly because wisconsin doesnt have an NHL team.  I live in pittsburgh because of my wife and job, it was the halfway point between where we were both going to undergrad and I graduated first.

he definitely denied the positive testing from the start, thats insane if you have blocked that out of your selective memory.  

Jhonny's name listed in the records of that clinic. He denies it. I don't really care that much but I was really hoping they could upgrade SS through a trade and teams aren't gonna want to take on a guy with any link to that scandal.

Micah Owings is a converted minor league 1B for the Nats now. Rick Ankiel had a couple useful seasons as an outfielder after his pitching career was over. Could work out.

Selfreliable, you hiding from this thread too now?

I don't really count that as an admission of guilt. His best chance to get out of a suspension was to focus on the procedural errors, not to try and scream his innocence.

I still think he used, I just don't think he has done anything that would be considered close to admitting to it.