MLB Discussion

so the Tribe's bats have woken up, in a big way. we have won 4 in a row and we have outscored our opponents in those games 39-5 in those games. beat up on former Cy Young Award winners in back to back games, Halladay and Lee. Altogether we have crushed 4 previous winners this year, Halladay, Lee, Dickey, Price. not too terrible. but dear lord do we need some pitching.

Also who could have ever imagine that Ryan Raburn is the hottest hitter in baseball right now. the past few games - 12-14, 4 HR, 9 RBI.

Been loving Napoli so far. Surprised, was very iffy about the pick but he's been fantastic. Worried he's going to crash soon since his strikeout rate is so high and his walk rate is so low right now, maybe it'll normalize and it won't be that big a change.

Someone dropped Lorenzo Cain I got him and now I feel a hell of a lot better about my team. That helps a ton.

other than Jake Westbrook, no one has been even close to his level of dominance

harvey's throwing for a shit team, though, so perhaps that's factored into it. i couldn't care less about those awards considering wainwright is beyond dominant this month and didn't get nod either, so whatevs.

i would like to point out that westbrook started last season with almost this same level of dominance but fell off as the season wore on. i wonder if he'll be more durable this year.

harvey's throwing for a shit team, though, so perhaps that's factored into it. i couldn't care less about those awards considering wainwright is beyond dominant this month and didn't get nod either, so whatevs.

i would like to point out that westbrook started last season with almost this same level of dominance but fell off as the season wore on. i wonder if he'll be more durable this year.

I think it has to do with the fact that Westbrook won only 1 game all month, whereas Harvey won 4, right?  Both were dominant, but Harvey was actually winning games, whereas westbrook was setting up for bullpen collapses

i didn't even know westbrook wasn't winning games. no wonder nobody has picked him up in my league yet. villanueva is filling in for one of my injured guys right now, and he seems to be slipping up lately. should have gone with travis wood in the first place, but i may default to westbrook for the next couple of starts.

to answer ry's question: no, i don't buy into it. and i would hate for it to haunt him during the year, even remotely, if morris ends up being grossly wrong

remy and orsillo. it doesn't help that my dad is extremely outspoken with his hatred for them, but he's right most of the time.

their shenanigans take away from the game sometimes to the point where talking about mustard takes precedence over runs scoring.

http://graphics.latimes.com/mlb-salaries/#dodgers:angels

i didn't find this particularly interesting (except for how clickable and fun it is) until i reached the 10 highest-paid players. yikes.

an analyst said the astros should trade harrell or norris at the trade deadline. i can't wait to see harrell throw for another team. he's not lights out or anything, but he would certainly become more relevant. he has a sub-2.00 ERA this year if you take away the one where he completely imploded.

the mlb network guys were talking about that the other day. it's probably pretty mental at this point. i wonder how he'd fare in his first 8th inning of work.

speaking of mental, was buchholz totally inside his own head or what? whether or not he's guilty, i think this spitball thing is gonna haunt him, at least for a little while

the mlb network guys were talking about that the other day. it's probably pretty mental at this point. i wonder how he'd fare in his first 8th inning of work.

speaking of mental, was buchholz totally inside his own head or what? whether or not he's guilty, i think this spitball thing is gonna haunt him, at least for a little while

I'm not sure. Seems like most people were pretty quick to defend him, including the majority of Blue Jays players and staff if I remember right. If some new shit comes to light, sure, otherwise I think it will fade fast.

Matt Kemp is the man

Matt Kemp is such a great person. He came over after the game and made one of my best friends night :) he's fighting a tough battle and this was sucha great gift by Matt Kemp ! I'll never forget this.

http://mlb.mlb.com/cutfour/?partnerId=as_lad_20130507_7782134#contentId=46852178

looks like the kid had cancer and had to have brain surgery

this is his instagram from what his friend who posted the video posted in the youtube comments

http://instagram.com/jjkoolaid22#

someone on the radio called the buchholz situation equivalent to driving 56 in a 55 zone. and i'm pretty sure that's how just about everyone sees it at this point.

not i or nor anyone else thinks buccholz is guilty, but i think he was aware of how scrutinized his start would be, overly conscious to the point of not putting anything on his arm and going to his tongue for moisture instead of his arm or hair. messed up his process and rhythm, and i'm curious to see if he reverts back to what he was doing during his success or if he keeps trying out this new thing.