MLB Discussion

Bout time the Tigers got a taste of their own luck

Our weakest link (the bullpen) has been relatively untested to start the year. I honestly couldn't have told you before today we have Blaine Hardy, Angel Nesbit, and Tom Gorzelanny in the Pen. When you call on guys like that in the 4th inning, it's mop-up time. Anibal Sanchez is pretty steady, though. No worries. It happens to every pitcher.

Our weakest link (the bullpen) has been relatively untested to start the year. I honestly couldn't have told you before today we have Blaine Hardy, Angel Nesbit, and Tom Gorzelanny in the Pen. When you call on guys like that in the 4th inning, it's mop-up time. Anibal Sanchez is pretty steady, though. No worries. It happens to every pitcher.

Do you guys still have Joba?

Gotta side with goat on this one. I would expect an analysis soon somewhere on how KC batters are drawing contact.

Middle of the back is drawing contact these days? I guess I'm over reacting boys. My bad.

It's history. Chi. A's.

Lawrie was the asshole move.

I love baseball code. But it was opened up for no reason again with Kaz. Pitching inside isn't working. These guys don't roll over. If they did, they'd just be nice guys. Losing over and over again.

Last year a well known reporter said that this was a cute team. A cute story that will go away soon.

Sorry. That lit a fuse.

Middle of the back is drawing contact these days? I guess I'm over reacting boys. My bad.

It's history. Chi. A's.

Lawrie was the asshole move.

Short memory, not all 14 were in this series. Lots of pitchers who definitely aren't gunning for KC batters have hit them already. Causation doesn't mean correlation but you gotta take a step back. Braves are top 3 in the NL in homers so far but I know they won't be in 100 games.

Did Lawrie make a poor choice? It's debatable. I think most old school guys would say that's just baseball. It's the stupid retaliation shit that really is the worst though. Escobar will be back soon enough. If that 100 mph fastball hits Lawries head his career could be over. KC played the series after the bad slide with the attitude their fans wanted - sour - and it comes off to most people as immature.

Every fanbase has it's share off assholes. It's unfortunate the good ones get lumped into the bad. I'm not on twitter nor follow arguing fans. Seems like a waste.

Like you said. Lawrie getting high heat could end his career the same way he could have ended Eacobars.

It should have ended after retaliation. But it kept going. That was wrong. The retaliation came late because of timing. That can be perceived as a shitty deal, but that's baseball. Well, the old way. In which I'm a fan of.

The fans were too whiny about Lawrie. Boo him that night then let it go.

Herrera's deal was shitty. Super dumb move by him.

Lawrie slid too late. It happens. He showed legitimate remorse and even apologized. Escobar refused his apology.

You want to throw at him? ok whatever. I think it's opening a can that you don't have to open, but ok fine. To throw at him again? Then to point at your head and say that's where you'll get him next time? That is a joke. And to try and justify it because Cain got hit in the foot on a slider? Give me a break.

I've always disliked Lawrie. "Bros" are my least favorite kinds of people and he just oozes bro. But after the initial screw up, he's handled it as well as he possibly could, and the Royals have taken it upon themselves to continue it and threaten violence.

When I say they're assholes, look at Ventura staring down Trout last weekend for no reason. Look at Dyson (Cain?) doing backflips in the outfield after games. Look at another pair of bros in Hosmer and Moustakas.

Why is KC getting hit so much? They're a pretty inconsequential franchise. Nobody is going to seek them out unless they feel as if they have been provoked. Seems to me, and definitely my belief after this series, is that it's their own doing.

And hey, that's fine, be the villain. But don't complain afterwords. 

Lawrie slid too late. It happens. He showed legitimate remorse and even apologized. Escobar refused his apology.

You want to throw at him? ok whatever. I think it's opening a can that you don't have to open, but ok fine. To throw at him again? Then to point at your head and say that's where you'll get him next time? That is a joke. And to try and justify it because Cain got hit in the foot on a slider? Give me a break.

I've always disliked Lawrie. "Bros" are my least favorite kinds of people and he just oozes bro. But after the initial screw up, he's handled it as well as he possibly could, and the Royals have taken it upon themselves to continue it and threaten violence.

When I say they're assholes, look at Ventura staring down Trout last weekend for no reason. Look at Dyson (Cain?) doing backflips in the outfield after games. Look at another pair of bros in Hosmer and Moustakas.

Why is KC getting hit so much? They're a pretty inconsequential franchise. Nobody is going to seek them out unless they feel as if they have been provoked. Seems to me, and definitely my belief after this series, is that it's their own doing.

And hey, that's fine, be the villain. But don't complain afterwords. 

The flips came after pivotal wins. emotions run high for having no chance and 29 seasons of no playoffs. they werent after a double play or a homerun. jesus.

um, Ozzie Smith did them be-FORE every game....so yeah. theres that. is he an asshole in your opinion?

Lawrie did handle it well after the first screw up. maybe he felt like shit, maybe he felt bad...who knows. after he got hit (baseball code) it was over, right? no. Kaz hits Cain. he gets paid millions for throwing across the plate. what was wrong was Duffy getting a warning before he even stepped foot on the field. that shows me that it was intentional. did it deserve Herrera's burner? no. absolutely not. but players look out for players...that was his call. it was dumb.

i think its funny and never thought id be having a discussion about Royals players being assholes, but hey, maybe im just still hungover from winning the pennant.

Yeah, ventura is a hot head. that stare down was odd and dumb. most teams have one. hes young. harper was a twat at that age too. lots of players were.

what have Hosmer and Moustakas done? they're bros? they only came up together and have played with each other riding on 10 years now? yeah, they shouldn't be as close and just take baseball as a business and just go to work and not high-five. this is the only way i read that.

this shit happens daily. all across the league. i have nothing more to add about it.